You are not logged in ▶️ Click to sign-up or login ×
ASEANNOW Official TikTok account is now LIVE! -Follow Us! ×

Minimum wage in Thailand for foreigners

Hi ThaiVisa, 

I am trying to find a definitive source of information that confirms minimum wage for foreigners in Thailand. I know that it is different depending on nationality, and that teachers may be exempt. 

I am working for a BOI company in Bangkok. Can someone please post a link to the labor law that states these required salaries? Hopefully it would also be certifiably up to date information. Thank you very much. 

Neek

I believe, though I may be wrong, that there are two different 'minimum wages'. 

First is the minimum wage of 300 baht/day which applies to everyone working in Thailand.

Second is the minimum wage needed to get an extension of stay for a type O/business visa.  This varies with nationality from a low of 25K per month to a high of 60K per month.  This is not a minimum wage in the sense that an employer is obligated to pay an employee this much, but from a practical point of view, it would be difficult for an employee to legally stay in the country while earning less than the minimum amount for their nationality.

So, effectively, the minimum salary if you work for a large corporation in Thailand as a foreigner is this minimum required for an extension of stay. Is that correct?

Could you link to the source of this chart? Thanks!

Just now, HHTel said:

Those figures are quoted on paperwork to satisfy the authorities but actual salary paid may be much less.  Whether you get the 50 grand or not, that is what you will pay tax on.

Any idea on the tax rate for the 600k salary?

Archived