Flying to zurich. Should I convert baht at swampie or at Zurich airport

1) there is a bank counter in baggage hall BUT they will give you a VERY bad exchange rate for bank notes, as Thai Baht bank notes are not very vommon in Switzerland and therefore VERY expensive for banks and thus, very low exchange rates. Exchange in Thailand or use the ATMs in Switzerland.
2) Taxis are VERY expensive, even more though at the airport. Public transport is plenty, let me know in PM where you want to go, I will tell you how to get there.

Sent from my SM-A730F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 2

Absolutely don't try to change Baht in Switzerland.

And why do you have to wait until being at the airport?

If you have the chance to change in the city (Bangkok), do there.

Even changing at other major places in Thailand might be better.

Zurich taxis among the most expensive in the world.

Switzerland is a super nanny state and so you can expect a proper taxi service.

As far as I know there is a reasonable bus service to the city (if that is your destination)?

And as Swiss1960 mentions there is overall excellent public transport service. About the most on time railway system in the world (competing with Japan).

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Swiss1960 said:

1) there is a bank counter in baggage hall BUT they will give you a VERY bad exchange rate for bank notes, as Thai Baht bank notes are not very vommon in Switzerland and therefore VERY expensive for banks and thus, very low exchange rates. Exchange in Thailand or use the ATMs in Switzerland.
2) Taxis are VERY expensive, even more though at the airport. Public transport is plenty, let me know in PM where you want to go, I will tell you how to get there.

Sent from my SM-A730F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

thanks for your reply. We are heading into the old town. But we have a 4 yr old and 3 large bags plus carry ons. I think its too hard to do public transport. hotel said 60 to 70 swiss francs.