Argentine male Gets 90 days on arrival

Hi I have  friend who uses his Argentine passport to enter and gets 90 days on arrival Visa free 

Yes a friend Not me *  so far this year he has done 2 land crossings plus a 2 month extension

and his current permission to stay expires 21 November.

He is determined he can do another Land crossing into Cambodia.

I have told him that is not a good idea and should fly out or get another extension

as he most likely will be denied a further land crossing this year.

Perhaps Joe is the best person to give me some advice on what his options are.

Am I correct in my assessment of his situations or does he have other options?

He is married with Thai Children and his pension is not enough for retirement visa nor has he any chance of saving or borrowing the 40,000 baht

Apparently different rules for Argentine citizens  

The 2 entry rule for visa exempt entries at land borders does not apply to visa exemptions given under a bilateral agreement. His 90 day entries are due to a bilateral agreement.

But there are some land border crossing do not allow those entries. This notice is posted on visa run companies does the runs to Cambodia and Myanmar.

"Brazil, Peru, Argentina, Chile and South Korea can NOT get 90 day visa exempt stamp at these two land border crossings. Need fly OUT/IN or apply Tourist Visa."

If he is legally married to a Thai his best option would be to get a multiple entry non-o visa in Savannakhet Laos.

The income requirement for a one year extension based upon marriage is 40k baht.

• Like 1

Visa exempt entry is meant for tourism and even though the 2 land border entry per year doesn’t apply, he could at some point be denied entry.

As said above, he should get a non-immigrant ‘O’ visa to visit his wife/family.

If he gets a Multiple Entry ‘O’ visa from Savannakhet, he can stay for nearly 17 months (total) using that visa. He will need to do a border run every (max) 90 days. However, each of those 90 days stays can be extended by 60 days at immigration (1,900 baht) without the need to provide any financial info.

• Like 1