Vietnam Trip

MissAnge

Just hoping to get some advice from folks who've been there and done that....

I've got two weeks holiday in April and i was thinking of going to Vietnam. I want to keep costs low and so I though about flying into Hanoi and then heading south crossing to Cambodia and flying out of there. (Air Asia flies to both places)

Or I thought about two weeks up and around the north of vietnam, or two weeks in the south (including Phenom Phen)... anyone know about the weather in April? Time frames needed for Vietnam etc etc... advice greatly apreciated!

Cheers

:o

Hi,

I would recommend that you go to the following places:

Halong bAY

Sa PA

Dalat

Hoi An

Certainly you could do this within your time frame.The weather now in Vietnam or rather in April should be nice and hot as it is just coming into Summer.Hope you have fun!!Any questions im happy to answer

A good 2 week itininary on a budget would be to fly into Hanoi spend a night or 2 in the old quarter of the city (decent room from about $10 per night) In Hanoi book a 2 night Ha Long bay boat trip package - return transfers (3 hrs) 2 days boating around the islands with 1 night aboard the boat and 1 night in the hotel on Cat Ba island with all meals included for just $45. Then you can book an "open ticket" bus journey to HCMC and for $27 you can stop off at Hue, Hoi an, Nha trang and Dalat. Spend a few nights exploring HCMC and trip to Ku Chi tunnels etc and then book a 2 night tour up the the Mekong delta which finishes up at Phnom phen in Cambodge, where like you say can fly back to Bangkok with Airasia.

Edited by enyaw

No probs, did the journey myself within a 2 week time frame. My highlights was Hanoi, Ha Long bay, hiring a scooter and exploring the interior of Cat Ba island, Hoi an, Ku Chi tunnels and the boat trip up the Mekong. You might want to drop Hue and Nha Trang or Dalat because of the time factor, I enjoyed Nha Trang which has a bit of a night scene and there was some natural hot spring mud bath type place near by which I didn't have the time to visit but heard was a good spot.