Backpacker reveals how she escaped terrifying kidnap attempt in Thailand

webfact

"it’s just that at the end of the day, I wasn’t thinking, I got carried away and I made mistakes that are now so recognisable.”

that just about covers it !  Young drunk and stupid.
Perhaps next time she can find some spray paint to enhance her idiocy.

16 hours ago, sambum said:

So what's the point in being away from home/on holiday if you can't have a drink?

So you plan your holidays around booze?

Sorry, I got a life and I  like to be clear headed. Plenty of booze in my house. Don't need to get drunk while visiting.

10 minutes ago, Katia said:

What happened here to all of the people who like to reply "What, you never did anything stupid when you were young?"?

I can only speak for myself, but sometimes i get bored of stating the obvious.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, MARK74 said:

In the region? you mean koh phangan? not sure haven't been for many years.

your second sentence suggests that you know this was a rapist, you don't know that at all.

I mean cm. 

Ofcourse I don't know. I'm just assuming she didn't make up the story. But I could be wrong.

sounds nonsense to me.

looks like an attention seeker girl.

why disclose this story after a year??

and story has contradictions.

Moreover, she explains it like, they forced her to drink and attend the party!

you cannot carry people on a motorbike to rape too! and lots of people everywhere in koh phangan. one road to go all those parties.

Such people needs to be banned from Thailand as these fake news damage Thailand.

and most importantly, looking at her and cannot imagine why a Thai guy want to have asexual relationship with her while all those beautiful Thai girls around!!!

Edited by Galactus

6 minutes ago, Galactus said:

sounds nonsense to me.

you cannot carry people on a motorbike to rape too! and lots of people everywhere in koh phangan. one road to go all those parties.

Such people needs to be banned from Thailand as these fake news damage Thailand.

and most importantly, looking at her and cannot imagine why a Thai guy want to have asexual relationship with her while all those beautiful Thai girls around!!!

You're probably right about everything, who knows. But you are wrong about the part about cannot carry people on a motorbike to rape. I recall several similar stories of Thai women being raped this way.. someone they trusted (or someone coerced them) puts them on a motorbike and drive them to a field or remote area or something and rapes them.

Edit added sources:

https://www.chiangraitimes.com/fake-motorbike-taxi-driver-rapes-23-year-old-danish-girl-in-pattaya.html

http://www.pattayamail.com/news/fake-motorbike-taxi-driver-charged-with-rape-robbery-15182

There's more of these stories if you use Google.. always same thing.. fake motorbike taxi. Drives them to secluded area.. they can't get off the bike because they driving too fast..

Edited by hobz

People who think this story is unbelievable.

It has happened before multiple times.. I found this just on first Google search but I remember more cases ..  just didn't find them now.

https://www.chiangraitimes.com/fake-motorbike-taxi-driver-rapes-23-year-old-danish-girl-in-pattaya.html

http://www.pattayamail.com/news/fake-motorbike-taxi-driver-charged-with-rape-robbery-15182

There's more of these stories if you use Google.. always same thing.. fake motorbike taxi. Drives them to secluded area.. they can't get off the bike because they driving too fast

Had the guy had any bad intentions , he probably would have molester or robbed her .

There may have been some confusion about where her hostel was , did they actually go past her hostel or just a turning off or something ?

Maybe he was going a quicker way or maybe he thought that she was staying somewhere else ?

Could be that she fell off the bike drunk and exaggerated her story

12 minutes ago, Galactus said:

sounds nonsense to me.

Rapists gets a kick from the power. And usually they are opportunists, they take what they can get, they can't resist the urge.

There's more of these stories if you use Google.. always same thing.. fake motorbike taxi. Drives them to secluded area.. they can't get off the bike because they driving too fast.. not unbelievable at all.

Just now, sanemax said:

Had the guy had any bad intentions , he probably would have molester or robbed her .

There may have been some confusion about where her hostel was , did they actually go past her hostel or just a turning off or something ?

Maybe he was going a quicker way or maybe he thought that she was staying somewhere else ?

Could be that she misinterpreted the situation.

or the guy wanted to take her to a more secluded place and he knew the place she fell off was a relatively busy road and he got scared.

20 minutes ago, hobz said:

You're probably right about everything, who knows. But you are wrong about the part about cannot carry people on a motorbike to rape. I recall several similar stories of Thai women being raped this way.. someone they trusted (or someone coerced them) puts them on a motorbike and drive them to a field or remote area or something and rapes them.

Edit added sources:

There's more of these stories if you use Google.. always same thing.. fake motorbike taxi. Drives them to secluded area.. they can't get off the bike because they driving too fast..

yeah sure there are such cases but not in a small place like Koh Phangan with only on road to go around. Locals and tourist everywhere so do the police.

Moreover, cameras everywhere too.

looks like this is a huge misunderstanding of the lady.

it became customary now for some attention seekers to come up with stories like this and after a year???

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, hobz said:

Could be that she misinterpreted the situation.

or the guy wanted to take her to a more secluded place and he knew the place she fell off was a relatively busy road and he got scared.

Maybe , could also be that she was drunk and flirty with the Thai guy and he thought that she was willing for a night of passion ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Galactus said:

yeah sure there are such cases but not in a small place like Koh Phangan with only on road to go around. Locals and tourist everywhere so do the police.

Moreover, cameras everywhere too.

looks like this is a huge misunderstanding of the lady.

it became customary now for some attention seekers to come up with stories like this and after a year???

No secluded spots in Phangan? That sounds unbelievable. 

Why after a year? Don't know.. makes little sense. 

10 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Maybe , could also be that she was drunk and flirty with the Thai guy and he thought that she was willing for a night of passion ?

Yes, all possible. 

If you search Koh Phangan rape on Google it seems like the usual way the locals go about it is they rape them when they are passed out and they don't care if they get accused because everyone is so drunk and high that it's easy to just say "she wanted it, she is a wild party girl". 

The abduction method seems more popular in other areas of Thailand.

4 minutes ago, hobz said:

Yes, all possible. 

If you search Koh Phangan rape on Google it seems like the usual way the locals go about it is they rape them when they are passed out and they don't care if they get accused because everyone is so drunk and high that it's easy to just say "she wanted it, she is a wild party girl". 

The abduction method seems more popular in other areas of Thailand.

There are also cases of girls getting drunk , lose their inhibitions and go along with it and regret it the next day . 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sanemax said:

Yeah if the guy wanted to rape her then her pretending to be unconscious wouldn’t have stopped him. In fact it might have made it easier for him. Like that terrible case in Krabi where the woman fell down the ravine and the guy molested her afterwards. 

She admits she was so drunk she was going to vomit. She can’t speak Thai. Probably was confusion where she was going or if she had a room or wanted him to help find one. 

• Like 1

On 11/5/2018 at 5:03 AM, Loaded said:

Kidnapped? I read the article and it reads to me like a drunk silly girl accepting a ride home from a bloke who leaves her when she falls off his motorbike.

Sent from my CPH1701 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Exactly, just another silly one....can't wait for the one of this week. Those girls give all the decent farang girls a bad name...tired of them.

• Like 1

On 11/5/2018 at 9:53 AM, doremifasol said:

Shots were given out for free, some drinks might have been laced...........

You guys are so judgmental.....

Good theory if she only had a few drinks. It sounds like she just drunk herself into oblivion. She said she started drinking during the day. Clearly like many people at these full moon parties she didn't know when to stop.