Two Chinese nabbed for stealing bags at Suvarnabhumi airport

webfact

On 11/5/2018 at 3:11 PM, gerritkaew said:

why you need so much clothing, the don't even know if its the right size ?

True. Baggage handlers can be thieves too, so who, in their right mind, would keep money, jewellery, or other valuables in their suitcase? - All the baggage thieves get, is a suitcase, perhaps locked, and some clothes of either gender...

Edited by StayinThailand2much

• 11 months later...

It pays to arrive in the baggage hall quickly if you can. In my frequent travels to Thailand whilst working on India, I found two occasions where my bags were walking off by themselves. Once in India, by an Indian guy, and once in DMK by a Chinese guy. Of course they were animately surprised that they had made such a "mistake". Most likely they were surprised that I had caught them, since they probably had done it many times before.

1 hour ago, Megascott said:

It pays to arrive in the baggage hall quickly if you can.

And something that is difficult in Bangkok when you might have to wait 40 minutes or more to get through immigration. Your bags are often already on the carousel waiting to be stolen before you get there.

It's strange but you can pick up any suitcase at most airports and walk out with it as there is no check with your boarding pass if the suitcase is yours of not.....

I still can remember that I picked up my suitcase at Singapore, went to my hotel room where I was not able to open it to find out it was not mine but somebody else!