Request For New Topic

I noticed the new "sports/golf" topic go up a few weeks ago.

How about something for everything else. I recently started RC flying, as i used to in the UK, and just got a few kits here - I know of at least one other forum member who is also into the same thing (2 out of nearly 10k can't be bad right ?)

but we swapped tips, traded supplier ideas etc - how about a little something for the person who wants to , you know.....do it here for the GEP...

New Topic: Hobbies & Activities

(if anyone who cares, i just got a Hacker C40-12T + CC45 from a shop on Sukhapiban 1 - dirt cheap i think - have 3300 Sub C's 8 Cells on the way + GY401 - will update on prices fyi)

K

there was a craze at the factory i work in a year back, where all the design guys were buying plane kits from aus.

they spent days making them up, took them out after work around dusk time for test flight...never to be seen again!

well actually one was lost in the fields somewhere and the other had a terrible accident whilst trying to land.they spent days looking for the lost one.his wife was PI@@ed as he spent a great deal of his salary on it.

thought that was quiet funny,

anyway,isnt there a shop that sells that stuff on sukhumvit..think its 22 or 20?

there must be a gang of guys around into the same stuff.have you tried asking at the shop you brought them?

on a personal note.do you wear a leather flying jacket whilst in the air?

Hi , i'm the second one phazey is referring to :o.

There are a decent number of thai's involved in the hobby, be it in the cheaper model range but the hobby is surely taking off (no pun intended ) in thailand.

Some farangs are also in to it

There are several hobby shops in bangkok catering for RC flying (planes, heli's)

There are even some Big factory's who produce Rc equipment worldwide, including a high end plane builder were i worked for some weeks. Also their is a jet manufacturer, a heli blades oem manufacturer , a guy who gives heli lessons , ect

Every big city nows starts to have his own airfields , some better then others.

If anybody needs some directions on shops or fields just ask.

I flew in pattaya, bangkok and chiangmai.

I fly a Raptor 90 heli.

Interesting subject.

what type of fuel do they use? i think petrol but do you have to add oil to the mix like an outboard engine for your boat?

whats the range of them?

ever had serious accident?

lots of questions to ask about this subject..i think ill ask a few at a time

thanks