Visa Report: Hanoi - SETV

That's good to hear. I am actually getting my visa renewed at this very office later this month. Is the main address given by Google the correct one? (26 Phan Bội Châu, Cửa Nam, Hoàn Kiếm, Hà Nội, Vietnam)

Regards

~Atecom

6 minutes ago, atecom said:

That's good to hear. I am actually getting my visa renewed at this very office later this month. Is the main address given by Google the correct one? (26 Phan Bội Châu, Cửa Nam, Hoàn Kiếm, Hà Nội, Vietnam)

Their website has this on it. http://www.thaiembassy.org/hanoi/th/organize/25985-ที่ตั้งLocation.html

"Visa Section

85 Ly Thuong Kiet Str., Hoan Kiem, Hanoi.

Monday - Friday  08.30 - 12.00 hrs.

Tel: (84) 24 3823 5092-4 ext. 130

Direct line: (84) 24 3823 5095"

1 hour ago, atecom said:

Interesting, the google maps pin is in the same place for both the google address and the consulate website address. Looks like I will be covered in either case. Cheers.

I think that is the address for the entrance to the visa section for the embassy compound.

6 hours ago, atecom said:

Regards

~Atecom

Sorry to contradict a moderator,  but 26 Phan Bội Châu, Cửa Nam, Hoàn Kiếm, Hà Nội, Vietnam  this is the correct address.   It will take you to the main embassy entrance, however the the place to apply for visas is right around the corner beside/underneath the red VietJet sign. I used the GRAB Taxi app to get there both times, and it worked out fine.

I think the one that starts with 85 is old, I guess they've changed their address recently? 

I seem to remember looking at both plots on google, and seeing them a few minutes drive from each other, though if I'm wrong it might make sense since that entrance is on the cross street. 

Edited by pjthefey

Update: 

Picked up my passport a few minutes ago.  New visa attached.  In and out in under 3 minutes.   They say pickup is at 4PM, but I showed up at 3:30.  They didn't seem to mind. 

Overall this was a pleasantly easy experience compared to recent experiences at  HK and getting my extension.   Just make sure you have your bank statement, airfare itinerary, USD etc and you should be fine. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pjthefey said:

Sorry to contradict a moderator,  but 26 Phan Bội Châu, Cửa Nam, Hoàn Kiếm, Hà Nội, Vietnam  this is the correct address. 

I was only posting what the website states for the visa section.

But it is apparently correct since you stated the entrance is around the corner from the main entrance for the embassy.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

I was only posting what the website states for the visa section.

But it is apparently correct since you stated the entrance is around the corner from the main entrance for the embassy.

Fair enough.   There was one address I saw online that was 5-6 minutes away by taxi. and that'd take you to a completely different location.  If they are in the same basic spot,  either one will work since it's all of 1 minute walk to get to the other entrance if that. 

whoooah Nellie! the present location of the Thai Embassy is far away from the place that I went to in 2010 to seek assistance in getting a thai police report for purposes of obtaining a temp VN resident permit...the old place was in the diplomatic area not far from Uncle Ho's mausoleum...

from the map it should be easy to find, near the Hanoi Towers which is a big landmark (big high rise) on Ha Bai Trung, just around the corner and down the street...the infamous Hanoi Hilton prison (now a museum) is close by as well...if yer staying in the old town it's a pleasant stroll on leafy streets...good european eats and outdoor cafes on Ha Bai Trung...I stayed at the Melia Hanoi just down the street during TET in 2011, 4 star and not cheap but luxurious accommodation (oh, the beds and the bed linen) with a fantastic breakfast buffet...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

Applied for a TV at Hanoi this morning. Turned up at 8:30AM, Visa section doesn't open till 9, however I was allowed in the waiting room, where I went over and double checked my application and documents. The entrance was clear of touters or any other potential annoying people. I was only one there when they opened at about 5 to 9. Was called over to the Window, handed in my documents. I gave them 2 photos, they only took one, handed the other back to me. Aside from that they took my exit flight out of Thailand and bank statement. Warned me that my Visa only granted entry for 60 days (I had put 84 in the duration of stay). I told them I was going to get an extension, which they accepted. They then asked me for my flight into Thailand. My entry fligh printout had my flight on it, but didn't have my name, however I brought up the itinerary on my phone, and they were fine taking a photo of that. Then I paid the $40USD (used a $50 note and had no problem getting change) and we finished. Should be able to pick up tomorrow at 4.

Very smooth so far.

????

~Atecom

(Off topic but does anyone know how to get rid of those annoying people who follow you on the footpath on motorbikes, and don't accept no for an answer? Only way I have had success is to pay them off with 20KVND , which I know I am not supposed to do, but they just refuse to go away otherwise)

On 11/27/2018 at 4:11 AM, atecom said:

(Off topic but does anyone know how to get rid of those annoying people who follow you on the footpath on motorbikes, and don't accept no for an answer? Only way I have had success is to pay them off with 20KVND , which I know I am not supposed to do, but they just refuse to go away otherwise)

I just shook my head, said "No, have Grab." and looked at my phone.   No one tried to follow me.    I'd not pay anyone to stop offering a taxi/motorbike service.  

• Like 1