Leaving Dec 2, tourist visa expires Nov. 27

17 hours ago, BritTim said:

When you say "your tourist visa is expiring", make sure that you really mean "your permission to stay" which is different. The dates on your original visa are not relevant. As others have stated, your permission to stay can be extended for a further 30 days at an immigration office on payment of 1,900 baht. It is strongly recommended that you choose that route rather than a deliberate overstay that, among other things, could leave you open to extortion.

Not to mention jail until deportation.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, reargunnerph3 said:

When you say "your tourist visa is expiring", make sure that you really mean "your permission to stay"

Yes, the use by date on the visa you (the o/p) got from an embassy or consulate is irrelevant. Assuming a single-entry visa, it ceased to be valid once it was used to enter the country.

The permission to stay stamp you got from immigrations when you entered is what legalizes your stay in Thailand. Once it ends, you are in the country illegally.

Considering the recent "crackdown" on over-stayers, it would be  less risky to get an extension of your (the o/p's) permission to stay at an immigration office.

2 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

Sometimes police sets up checks before the immigration at the border or airport. I remember they did that in Sadao in the past, and I've been stopped 500m before reaching Suvarnabhumi before and asked to show passport. Theoretically - if BJ decided to set up a checkpoint just before immigration counter inside the airport - and you had overstay, you could be jailed instead of given a chance of paying for overstay. While that's unlikely to happen, police asking for passport in case of accident or your driver doing something stupid like running a red light on the way to airport, or at a random check before getting there could. In that case there won't be an overstay fine but a straight jail for you. So yes, as previous poster says - real "smart" planning.

No rubbish at airport no 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

I was asked to show my passport when the "ramp" was put 500m before the airport on the elevated road to it coming from the motorway. They were checking cars before my cab as well and I've seen 2 foreigners outside their taxi discussing something with the policeman with taxi parked on the side of the road. Admittedly that's several years back during more turbolent times but still... If BJ is short on numbers, anything is possible to return. I would not gamble with it like the OP.

Merely of few rogues trying to extort.

Take the direct airport link or bus. l doubt very much he will be stopped.

A few days over l would pay at the airport. Anything over get a extension. There maybe a UFO hovering over government house to learn about highly intelligent life form as well.

2 hours ago, cubism001 said:

I've already had my extension at the airport imm office.  The stamp in blue ink reads exension is permitted until red ink 27 Nov 2018.  Wish an admin would coment on this!  Thanks.

You don't need "an admin" to reply. There a plenty of knowledgeable members that can advise you.

You have three choices;

1. Get 7 days to leave the country from immigration. You need to apply for an extension of stay (1,900) which will be denied and instead of the extension they will give you 7 days to leave.
  2. Pay the overstay fine at the airport of 500 p/day.
  3. Change your flight.