Scooter Rental Advice Neeed

onera1961

I want to buy a scooter (most probably used) for short distance travel (not on Sukumvit Road) in the backroads of Jomiten. But first I want to rent it for one week to try it out the model (Honda click). The company I want to rent it from is Pattya Scooter Rental. Their website says they speak English and French. Does anybody know about this company and their reputation? They are located in Jomiten Soi 4.

I hear horror stories of rental motorcycles stolen in disproportionately higher numbers in Pattaya. If I rent one for a week, can I also buy full insurance (at least to cover me from any liability except may be 1,000 baht out of pocket). Once I rented a car from Avis in Bangkok with 100% liability coverage in case of theft or damage and the car was stolen in Bangkok and I just handed them the car key and walked away.  Also, if I rent a scooter, how can I ensure proper locking and chaining to secure it properly in my condo. 

Any other advice will be highly appreciated. 

I don't think many companies offer insurance, but maybe some farang ones do. If you rent from a reputable (farang run) company i doubt very much that they will steal the rental bike. I would buy some good chains (which you can use with your new bike) if it makes you feel better. Why do you need to rent for a week? I would have thought riding for a few hours for one day would give you a good idea if it is the sort of bike you want. Then you can just return it before night.

Archived