Can I use PayPal as a bank statement for Non O Marriage Extension

So, yesterday I did my last 90 day check in for my Non-O marriage extension, and on the 6th of Dec, I get my last income verification letter from the US Consulate in Chiang Mai. My question is if they don't take just the income verification letter when I go to renew next month at Chiang Mai Immigration, can I use my earned income via PayPal as showing the correct 40,00 baht? I get 27,000 baht retirement from US Government and the rest from my web biz. I do all my online biz via PayPal and there is money in and out all the time. Can I print out those monthly statements from PayPal as proof? I don't use a bank for this because PayPal has a biz debit card that you can take funds directly from the US Account via ATM with.  

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

I plan to use deposits from paypal to my wife's and daughter's accounts, which clearly show my account making the transfers to theirs, and this in addition to my pension's deposts direct to Bangkok bank monthly.

Cheers

19 hours ago, tstcman said:

My question is if they don't take just the income verification letter when I go to renew next month at Chiang Mai Immigration, can I use my earned income via PayPal as showing the correct 40,00 baht? I get 27,000 baht retirement from US Government and the rest from my web biz. I do all my online biz via PayPal and there is money in and out all the time.

It is difficult to say whether or not they would accept income shown on a PayPal statement. You would probably need to prove the source of the income. Immigration in Chiang Mai are probably the only ones that can answer your question.

For a longer term solution it would probably be best if you could show the income from your pension payments and the PayPal account going into a Thai bank.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, LPCustom69 said:

Wouldn't that show you are working illegally?

Only if the source of it appeared to be from working here. It is a big grey area as far as the old rules were concerned. Under the new rules defining work it may be considered as being legal.

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 9:57 PM, BoBoTheClown said:

I will pray for you and the others that are in this situation. 

I don't see much wrong with the OP's situation. My U.S. Bank locked me out of my atm card when I used it in Thailand for security reasons, when I called them I received an automated message saying they would unlock it for me but it would happen again. For the remainder of my stay I just transferred funds online from my States bank account into my Paypal account (at no cost) and then used my Paypal debit card to withdraw those funds in Thailand. Of course I still had to pay the Thai Bank ATM Foreign Transaction Fees.