Confusion When Asking A Thai A Multiple Choice

helicoptor

they are confused enough as it is, don't confuse them more

Why ask any Thai a question they will never give you a answer. Just some Englsih words that make no sense.

Maybe you should try to speak with someone different than Bar ladies....

they are confused enough as it is, don't confuse them more

Why ask any Thai a question they will never give you a answer. Just some Englsih words that make no sense.

Maybe you should try to speak with someone different than Bar ladies....

Fight one stereotype with another?

You assume that if what he says is true, than he must be hanging out with the wrong class.

But many TV posters have pointed out, over and over, that there are some clever and classy bar girls.

And many others have pointed out, time and time again, and on this very thread, that Thais are usually less direct than westerners, and sometimes even deliberately obtuse and vague, where a westerner would prefer the simplicity of bland facts - as best as they can be brought to light.

To settle my own confusion I re-phrase the question to "Email Kaput?" answer, 'Yes'

this is funny... was your thai employee educated in germany? maybe you should speak german to him/her instead of english.

German would be "kaputt". "Kaput" is more Yiddish.

That seems more like a multiple language test for Thais.

If you ask me that question that way I ask you if you are crazy.

Actually, Yiddish is a germanic language, and to some extend mutually intelligable with modern German.

And the many Thais who understand "kaput(t)" i have found are mostly barmaids working in bars frequented by Germans. Which, i fear, does exclude most Thai office staff. :o

I have heard Thai children who don't even know the word "barmaid", use the word "kaput". :D

Amazing Thailand....

Edited by chuchok