Dengue and alcohol

Badrabbit

Took me over a year to recover from Dengue.  I never had a doctor say not to drink, but my desire for alcohol sort of dried up.  I'd have a beer on occasion, but I really didn't feel like drinking though first few months afterwards.  I never really thought about it until now.  Hummm.

3 hours ago, Sheryl said:

My personal experience having dengue and that of many others was that I thought I was losing my mind and was afraid to discuss it with anyone. It was only when a felliw patient, similarly and unnecessarily eorried gor her sanity, confuded in me that we noth tealuzrd what was going on.

This us not an advverse effect that only a few people get. It us close to universal.

Not letting people know the expected course of their disease is a bad idea.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

When I had my bout about 7 years ago, it absolutely flattened me for the first 2-3 days but after the diagnosis and before the second blood test (to check my platelets to ensure my own body was coping and had no benign pre-existing conditions that could hamper the recovery), I felt a lot better. My appetite was pretty shot (no diarrhea but the smell of cooking was a turn off) but I found that bowls of khao tom kung or mu fit the bill when I got hungry. I had it explained to me that depending on one's natural, pre-dengue physical condition and how active you were, the recovery time could vary. Someone with a fairly sedentary lifestyle may not notice their gradual return to full strength which can take up to a year. But someone who was quite active; a golfer or tennis player would find their stamina quite challenged and maybe only 9-holes or 20 minutes of play would wear them out quickly. However, since they did have a more active lifestyle, they did have something to gauge their recuperation and recovery against. If the golfer was managing to do the 'back nine' again before lunch, he was well on mend.

1 hour ago, wgdanson said:

Sorry mate, tea should be strong, brown with a splash of milk.

Bloody Yorkshiremen!...

1 hour ago, wgdanson said:

But if you do need it, try green tea leaves, not bags, a teapot, and a few ice cubes. Lemon or lime, and a touch of honey. can go in it

Seconded.

Or try Chinese red tea in the morning (no milk please!), Chinese green tea in the afternoon and no Chinese tea after 5 PM unless you want to be up all night.

• Haha 1