Multi entry non O visa-based on marrige (if I got the term right), Savannakhet - proof of funds??how does this visa work? newbe here.

I understand that the consulate in Savannakhet dont ask for proof of funds for what i belive is the ME Non O visa ( is this the right term of the visa? ME Non O - based on marrige or is it ME imm O - based on marrige?? ) Im a newbe to this, so i dont even know the term of the visa to apply for. And do I understand right, that I have to extend this after 30 days @ my immigration office? Do I need to show any proof of funds to the immigration office? And what is the prosess there if any??? 90 day reporting or just boarder bounces?Can someone please explain how this visa works? I need the information with a teaspoon. I'm getting married next month...And also can I get a 1 year single entry visa, so I dont need to do boarder runs??with no proof of funds of course?? If so where and how??? Thanks in advance

Edited by Pa John
More questions
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Unless you have at least 400K in the bank or a certified (by your embassy) income at least of 40K pm you’re only option to stay/live in the country is to use a Multiple Entry Non-immigrant ‘O’ Visa.

You can get one from the Thai Consulate in Savannahket, Loas. You’ll need the original and copy of your marriage certificate and copies of your wife’s ID and House registration book (Tabian Baan).

The visa is valid for unlimited entries for 1 year from it’s issue date. Every time you enter you’re granted permission to stay for 90 days. At the end of 90 days you must leave the country or apply for an extension of stay. The maximum extension you could apply for without providing financials is 60 days (1,900 baht).

You can leave the country and immediately return at most borders. On re-entry you get a new 90 day stay.

To maximise the visa you should make a final entry just before the visa expires. You’ll get the usual 90 days, which you can extend by 60 days. That gives you nearly 17 months in the country with 3/4 border runs.

Anytime you can prove you have 400K/40K pm you can apply for a 1 year extension of stay and wouldn’t need to leave every 90 dsys.

Edited by elviajero
  • Like 2

A multi entry Non Imm O Visa. Valid 1 year. Can be issued to those married to a Thai, or have Thai family. This Visa allows unlimited 90 day entries before the ‘enter before’ date of the Visa, at which point this Visa is ‘used’. You cannot make 90 day reports at Immigration, you must leave and re-enter Thailand to obtain another 90 days permission to stay. You can extend each 90 day permission to stay one time by 60 days (at Immigration, 1,900 baht) for the purpose of visiting a Thai wife or child and the relationship is de jure and defacto.

If used correctly, you can stay in Thailand for almost 17 months with this Visa type with only 3 border crossings.

No proof of funds required at Savannakhet.

Documents as listed by elviajero.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pa John said:

And also can I get a 1 year single entry visa, so I dont need to do boarder runs??with no proof of funds of course??

No.

You can apply for a 1 year extension of your permission to stay, based on marriage, at your local Immigration office. (not a Visa)

Financials are required.

400 K deposited in a Thai bank for 2 months prior to the date of application.

45K per month income (Embassy letter required)

Edited by Tanoshi
  • Like 1

Is the letter of the Thai spouse no longer needed?  Before it was always in the list of "documents to bring" although they never asked for it in Savanaketh. The little "visa support offices" in the street, in front of the embassy always threw it out when they were going through the docs I brought.  (I am traveling to there tomorrow)

1 hour ago, goltec said:

Is the letter of the Thai spouse no longer needed?  Before it was always in the list of "documents to bring" although they never asked for it in Savanaketh. The little "visa support offices" in the street, in front of the embassy always threw it out when they were going through the docs I brought.  (I am traveling to there tomorrow)

It is needed at Thai consulates in Vietnam for that Visa, but not asked for in Savannakhet.

5 hours ago, goltec said:

It’s not something they generally ask for.