Am I glad I didnt miss this DISCOUNT

eyecatcher

Browsing the Olive oils this morning when I came across this one that they obviously want to really "push"

Struggling to imagine the scenario at the Makro monthly meetings when some sharp individual suggested a 5bt saving off a product costing 1130bt (its less than 0.5%)

Yep, great idea, design a discount flyer, get it printed, put it in the makro mail aswell and you my boy have just earned yourself employee of the month.

As a comparison red peppers jump from 99bt to 119bt(20%)  on a weekly basis, and orange juice i buy can be 135bt or 145bt Whenever...no big splash!

So, what is the sales logic here?

IMG_20181111_091255.jpg

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Bell peppers, sold in my local market, 4 for 10bht. Random colours.

I can't tell any difference in taste.

Yes, near my wife's house in BKK there is a market about 3 days a week. Everything is so much cheaper even compared to Big C including a better quality coconut which I can often get at 20 baht each. The problem with this arrangement is when I need to buy milk for example, I can't be arsed to make a separate trip to the market, so everything gets bought at Tops/Villa/Gourmet... where ever I'm shopping at. The heat and distances are sometimes brutal.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Bell peppers, sold in my local market, 4 for 10bht. Random colours.

I can't tell any difference in taste.

P_20181014_174108.jpg

4 for 10 baht, please tell me that is a typo? I often pay 50 baht for 1 bell pepper.

Where in the country is this market. If upcountry, do you know the country of origin of the bell peppers?

Many of the apples, carrots and cauliflowers are from China, and best avoided. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

4 for 10 baht, please tell me that is a typo? I often pay 50 baht for 1 bell pepper.

Where in the country is this market. If upcountry, do you know the country of origin of the bell peppers?

Just a Chaing Mai village market.

I think they are grown locally, used to be only one stall selling them, but last time another stall had them too.

30bhts worth in that photo, I cut them up and freeze them as the stall selling them isn't always there.

50bt for one pepper is very steep, I often get just one and it will be about 15bt.

I think there is a world of differnce between the green and red.

Green is very bitter and red is very sweet.

But they are the same plant. All red ones go thro the process of starting green, then yellow then red.

You cant go and buy seeds for a red one or yellow afaik

• Like 1

Royal project outlet just past Doi Kham temple often has bag of peppers ,about 6,red,green and yellow, for 50 baht.

1 Kg bag of tomatoes 15 baht.Some veges sold in big bags only far too much for the av household but if you can share you're on a winner.Best to get there early thats when/where many reataurant owners buy

Never understand why people shop for veges and fruit at the likes of Rimping ,Tops etc

• Like 1