Farang washing cars on morning television ????

Peterw42

Absolutely gob smacked, watching Thairath Television this morning (9:10 12/11/18) and a story about a farang washing cars in his wifes business. A feelgood story about husband helping wife etc. Either the guy is absolutely clueless, not only working illegally but advertising it on national television or its the TV station setting him up so they can do a follow up story tomorrow about farang getting arrested.

Wondering if anyone else saw the story and can offer an explanation.

5 minutes ago, Spidey said:

I see farangs working locally in jobs that Thais can do. On guy on a main road near me sells food from a mobile stall.

Yes, its something you see now and then but this was a guy doing it on national television. Lots of guys help out the wife and keep a low profile etc but this guy was openly admitting to washing cars all day and 5 minutes of footage showing him washing cars.

26 minutes ago, Swiss1960 said:

One simple explanation: these farang might have Thai passports... not everything is illegal and not every farang is clueless... there is a foreigner with Thai passport driving a rescue vehicle here in Pattaya...

Sent from my SM-A730F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

The guy admitted to being retired etc. There is no story in a Thai citizen washing cars. I am familiar with the farang doing the rescue work there was a newspaper story about it, from memory the guy isn't a Thai citizen but has a WP .

I hope the guy is covered , WP, citizen etc because he has now had national exposure. If you believe all the stories about guys getting arrested because they made a cup of coffee in their wifes restaurant etc, the guy could be in serious trouble.

Edited by Peterw42

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

The guy admitted to being retired etc. There is no story in a Thai citizen washing cars. I am familiar with the farang doing the rescue work there was a newspaper story about it, from memory the guy isn't a Thai citizen but has a WP .

I hope the guy is covered , WP, citizen etc because he has now had national exposure.

He must be on marriage extension to get WP.