Farang washing cars to make a living - says he's making 6,000 baht a day!

webfact

5 hours ago, Aussie999 said:

Part of your taxes, in Australia, are for retirement...ie, the pension, he is entitled to it, whether you like it or not. I hope your parents, family, friends etc aren't claiming any form of benefits. 

Certainly not. And I never will, I was brought up to pay my own way. Others have a sense of entitlement.

A friend in need, is a pest indeed.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Borpender said:

Exactly HOW do you know he didn't save enough? He started a business for his wife and is helping her out as it was better than sitting around watching TV (as he says). Also, if he did work all his life isn't he entitled to his pension?

No

3 hours ago, Borpender said:

I understand your thoughts on welfare cheats but a 70 year old man claiming his pension seems fine to me.

Middle class welfare is sending the country broke.

3 minutes ago, Pete1980 said:

No

Middle class welfare is sending the country broke.

As long as you (and others like you) keep making money and paying your taxes we'll be OK. As long as there is enough left in the kitty to keep me in comfort until I cark it, that's all that matters.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Dick Crank said:

If he's washing cars and all the money is going to the wife why would he need a wp?

does he need a wp to wash his own vehicle or buy food for his family? Thais can do both of those. Does he need to hire a thai to do his laundry or can he wash it?

work is work either paid or unpaid, he is getting paid indirectly as the wife is probably paying the rent and buying groceries with the money. If you start using an argument that you are not getting paid it could be exploited , I drive my wifes taxi all day but I dont get paid, I collect the money and give it to my wife.

2 hours ago, huberthammer said:

mostly complain and put his nose in other people's business...

When I am paying dor it, it is my business. Part of me would like to dob him in to centerlink, but dobbing IMO is un Australian. As is bludging off welfare.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Pete1980 said:

What do you think a pension is? A government cash handout.

I would have thought your anger might be better directed at the pollies who give themselves huge pensions of over $100,000 a year, some as much as $200,00 plus benefits, they are also able to retire much earlier than the rest of us.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Will27 said:

I'm trying to figure out what point you're actually trying to make.

Are you saying that people who are eligible for the OAP shouldn't take it, 

or that they shouldn't be able to live overseas and enjoy themselves?

I am saying welfare should only go to those in genuine need. If he is earning $200 per day and living here, he doesnt need to be taking welfare.

OAP is just a nice way of saying "Old persons dole"

If you give people welfare, they dont work and save for themselves. Thailand has very, very little welfare, no middle class welfare, and as a result has full employment.

Australia has whole families on it, and the taxpayer foots the bill.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Pete1980 said:

Certainly not. And I never will, I was brought up to pay my own way. Others have a sense of entitlement.

A friend in need, is a pest indeed.

Mate, you certainly do not simply understand, he has paid for it, just as you have, through the taxes paid, you have no evidence otherwise, besides, the 6000baht earnt is NOT his, it belongs to the business, for all you know he could work for free.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pete1980 said:

Are you financially illiterate? Fully franked means my company has paid the tax. Apart from that I have paid a lot of income, company tax etc and collected hundred of thousands of dollars for the ATO in gst over the years.

I never said I was wealthy, you just assumed that because i said i have shares. People on welfare dont buy shares because they are terrified "It will affect my pension"

BTW I have had a good year this year as I shorted the banks the day they announced the royal commission.

Good onya Bill Gates whatever floats your boat cobber. Although perhaps a little bit of Pseudologia Fantastica going one might think. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, cleverman said:

A man washes cars and gets 21 pages,so far ,of comments. Get a life.

It will soon be 100 pages , this is Thaivisa you know. Only 10% of us has a life. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pete1980 said:

I am saying welfare should only go to those in genuine need. If he is earning $200 per day and living here, he doesnt need to be taking welfare.

OAP is just a nice way of saying "Old persons dole"

If you give people welfare, they dont work and save for themselves. Thailand has very, very little welfare, no middle class welfare, and as a result has full employment.

Australia has whole families on it, and the taxpayer foots the bill.

Complete and utter rubbish. If OAP was a nice way of saying etc., then it would be OPD.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, sambum said:

Old Age Pension is something that people pay for all their working lives via compulsory deductions from their wages/salary, and whether you qualify for a full pension depends on how many years you have put into the system, For example if you only pay in for say, 20 years, you will get significantly less than someone who has paid in for 40.

Wrong! Australia has nothing like the UK system. It makes no difference in Oz whether you work all your life or have been unemployed, everyone is entitled to the same amount of aged pension, which is means tested and may be reduced according to your income from other sources. To qualify you have to be living in Australia for I believe a minimum of 10 years, but to get the full pension it's 35 years.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1

On 11/12/2018 at 2:24 PM, 1337markus said:

You dont know much about the Australian government then. Any eligible pensioner who is absent from Australia more than 6 weeks has the pension stopped.

No they dont as long as they spent 2 years previous to make the pension portable, they do stop bits of it but majority is still paid. Like me Im over 65.5 now I can go back and spend 2 years there and then Im free to live where ever I like, or if I had lived in Oz from age 63.5 to 65.5 when I was eligible at 65.5 I could have done the same thing of taking it off shore.

By the way he isnt earn the money his wifes business is he would be paid 300 baht a day(sorry couldnt resist)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1