Minimum investment for business visa

Hi!  ????

Can anyone please tell me what is the minimum amount of investment necessary for a foreigner to get business/work visa with work permit via starting a limited partnership with thai national.
I read that its 2 million baht minimum capital for each work permit issued to a foreigner.

My question more specifically is, say the minimum requirement is 3 million baht for a limited partnership company, and my share is 10%, the rest belong to a thai person. Does that mean, I can invest 300000 baht, and apply for the visa? Or does the foreigner has to bring in 3 million baht into thailand? Who is going to check?

I should add that the primary intention is visa, not necessarily profit. I cannot get retirement visa or marriage visa, and looking for an alternative to Elite visa.

Thanks for any information.

Edited by CyberGuy

3 hours ago, CyberGuy said:

I should add that the primary intention is visa, not necessarily profit. I cannot get retirement visa or marriage visa, and looking for an alternative to Elite visa.

Do you really think the Elite visa will cost more once you've taken all the employee tax (including yours), social security payments, yearly accountants / auditors fees, etc, etc into account ?

7 hours ago, Scottjouro said:

Does the rule not say captialisation, not invested Captital...2 very different things 

????

Thanks for pointing that out. I did not know about it. Other than Internet marketing that I did years ago, I do not have a business background. I have to do more business research.

6 hours ago, ukrules said:

Do you really think the Elite visa will cost more once you've taken all the employee tax (including yours), social security payments, yearly accountants / auditors fees, etc, etc into account ?

I suppose the Elite visa would not cost more, and would be less hassle. But, getting the business and work permit would allow me to earn some, and as far as I know, are necessary to apply for permanent residency, if one wants to apply. Maybe the rules for permanent residency will change in the future.
If the Elite visa would have come with a work permit, or permanent residency after continuous stay, I would have taken it already. Still, elite visa is an attractive option.

????