Just A Yes Or No Will Suffice

since october 1, 2006, i have been in and out of the country 3 times, staying for 16 days, 27 days, and 18 days. (i work out of the country, normally 28/28 rotation)

am i allowed a 4th trip into thailand under the new immigration laws? i was under the impression that you were only allowed 3 trips in every 6 months.

i will get the type "o" visa (i'm married to a thai ) eventually.

thanks in advance for replies/help.

am i allowed a 4th trip into thailand under the new immigration laws? i was under the impression that you were only allowed 3 trips in every 6 months.

You can enter on visa free entry stamps as many times as you wish, they count the actual days you spend in the country and you cannot spend more than 90 days in any 180 day period.

since october 1, 2006, i have been in and out of the country 3 times, staying for 16 days, 27 days, and 18 days. (i work out of the country, normally 28/28 rotation)

i will get the type "o" visa (i'm married to a thai ) eventually.

thanks in advance for replies/help.

Yes, they count days, not entries and you're allowed 90 days in Thailand in a 6-month period on visa free entries. Be aware that they have not yet mastered the art of counting the days correctly...but you're still way under your allowance.

just get a non "o" multi entry visa.All you have to show is THB400 in the bank ,marriage cert and a signed copy of your wifes ID card.KL,Singapore or your home country.

I think you meant THB400K :o

This is the best advice, if you are legally married to a Thai.

useta be ye could get a 1 year, multi entry, non - imm 'O' visa at a thai embassy in yer country of residence, ie., work location, without showing any bank balance details...is this no longer possible under the new rules?

There is no rule change preventing it but few Consulates will issue multi entry visas anymore as you are expected to obtain an extension of stay if you live here. Best chance is from home country Consulate (not usually Embassy) where it fits the pattern of multi short visits rather than from Consulates in the immediate area where the suspicion is you do not meet financial qualifications to extend if you ask for a multi entry. Currently only KL seems to be willing to issue them and have not seen any current reports so not sure if that is still the case. For those on oil work type month out/in rotations it might be worth trying to make a case because believe some might accept that as an exception to normal policy but there is no guarantee.