How to get your pets vaccinated, chipped and snipped - for free

snoop1130

How to get your pets vaccinated, chipped and snipped - for free

By Jintamas Saksornchai, Staff Reporter

datcattho-696x465.jpg

A cat is prepared for sterilization at a free City Hall free mobile health service in an undated file photo.

BANGKOK — Want to take home that soi cat or dog but unsure what comes next? Meet your new forever friend but low on cash? Bangkok has free public pet care benefits located throughout the capital. Here’s how to make use of them.

Having pets can come with high costs, but City Hall has been providing free services that cover not only registration, but also vaccination and sterilization to ease the burden for cat slaves and dog BFFs alike.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/featured/2018/11/16/how-to-get-your-pets-vaccinated-chipped-and-snipped-for-free/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-11-16

5 hours ago, Prairieboy said:

Meanwhile cats and dogs the rest of the country are allowed to run free and breed unfettered -  Bangkok is but a small percentage (13%) of Thailand. 
Perhaps the other 76 provinces should follow Bangkok's example to alleviate and eventually eradicate the feral dogs and cats throughout the country.

I have just spent 400 baht for blood work and 1200 baht to have my dog spayed.

Wow, what a deal.

$66.66 of my money (Canadian $). It cost me $350 to have my dog spayed. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, neeray said:

Wow, what a deal.

$66.66 of my money (Canadian $). It cost me $350 to have my dog spayed. 

I was not complaining about the cost just indicating that perhaps the cost is what may prevent many locals from having their pets neutered.  For many 1,600 baht is a weeks salary.  Why should it be free in Bangkok and not in other areas of the country?

I too am from Canada and know full well about veterinary costs and pet license fees.

43 minutes ago, Prairieboy said:

I was not complaining about the cost just indicating that perhaps the cost is what may prevent many locals from having their pets neutered.  For many 1,600 baht is a weeks salary.  Why should it be free in Bangkok and not in other areas of the country?

I too am from Canada and know full well about veterinary costs and pet license fees.

Why cheaper in Bangkok?  Because working on the well known theory that those who are more able to pay get things given to them while the poor must pay for themselves!  The rich need to stay rich somehow.

1 hour ago, Prairieboy said:

Hopefully the reason for offering this procedure free in Bangkok and not elsewhere is that it is a pilot project at this time, not favouritism. It would be very nice to see a "neutralization" program spread throughout Thailand (including the less affluent areas).

23 hours ago, gmac said:

Why cheaper in Bangkok?  Because working on the well known theory that those who are more able to pay get things given to them while the poor must pay for themselves!  The rich need to stay rich somehow.

On the backs of the poor up-country ruralites.