non-O re-entry?

Hi, I have a multi entry non-O which expires September 2019.

I am currently in the UK dealing with a property sale.

When I return to Thailand in the next month or two:

1. Do I need to carry 20k Baht?

2. Do I need to report to immigration again when I re-enter?

3. When transferring money from property sale to Thai bank, will they ask me about where the money has come from?

Regards.

1. No.

2. Depends if your local IO enforce filing a new TM30 after re-entering the Country.

You have no need to visit an IO on a Non Imm O ME, highly unlikely they'll knock on your door.

3. Check on the limits your UK bank will allow you to transfer in a single transaction first.

I'd only transfer enough to live on in the short term until exchange rates improve.

The Thai bank won't question the amounts.

12 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

1. No.

2. Depends if your local IO enforce filing a new TM30 after re-entering the Country.

You have no need to visit an IO on a Non Imm O ME, highly unlikely they'll knock on your door.

3. Check on the limits your UK bank will allow you to transfer in a single transaction first.

I'd only transfer enough to live on in the short term until exchange rates improve.

The Thai bank won't question the amounts.

I thought this member gave  good advice. In relation to transferring the money from sale of house, the op didn't mention the amount. Recently I  also sold my main au home and didn't know what to do with the money. OP have you considered all your options. If you wish to buy property in Thailand fine. If not shares etc in farang world prob better option. Also UK same AU currently have not best exchange rate with baht, perhaps as per first members reply wait. Also consider bringing as much as possible in cash (yes declare it) and exchange it here. You will lose lot using banks or transfer companies. I have used companies which are better than banks but still not as good and exchanging to baht here. 

Edited by DrJack54
Error

19 hours ago, pr9spk said:

1. Do I need to carry 20k Baht?

They could ask to see 20K, but they are not going to ask someone entering with a non-immigrant visa.

2. Do I need to report to immigration again when I re-enter?

If you are entering using a ME non 'O' visa then you probably don't need to report.

• Where is you local office?
  • What kind of residence do you live in?

3. When transferring money from property sale to Thai bank, will they ask me about where the money has come from?

You will only need to pass any money laundering requirements with the bank sending the money.

You could transfer all/some of the funds to a foreign currency account in Thailand and exchange the money if/when rates improve.