The week that was in Thailand news: Car washer or motorcycle taxi - jobs for the Work Permit Police!

rooster59

The poor pensioner washing cars was probably a Brit and his declining pension insufficient to allow him a decent life. That exchange rate sucks. It’s not just a decline in Sterling but a rising Baht too. This will have knock-on effects in the Thai economy for sure: less moolah spent and more hard earned w/o WP from the local economy. Expect the WP cops to get tougher.

Edited by Tradewind777
  • Confused 1

The poor pensioner washing cars was probably a Brit and his declining pension insufficient to allow him a decent life. That exchange rate sucks. It’s not just a decline in Sterling but a rising Baht too. This will have knock-on effects in the Thai economy for sure: less moolah spent and more hard earned w/o WP from the local economy. Expect the WP cops to get tougher.

I believe he was Australian , if you read the story it says Aussie,

and apparently he isn't that poor.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

You still can't resist the snide remark about those less fortunate than yourself - spouting your puffed-up importance, can you?

The reason 'Big Joke hasn't responded to your self-important post is probably because he got bored sh..l.ss with your prattle.

I am fortunate. I have the appropriate funding for my lifestyle and continued living standards in Thailand. I object to you sneering at those who struggle!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You will be gone soon for different reasons- mainly because Thai authorities question your right to be here. And watch what happens when everyone leaves. Thai economy will be obliterated and then the idiots will wonder what happened. What do you expect? A third world country attempting to get it right.Nope. You'll never get it right.

Consult others....you are without any semblance as to how to "do" things. And so, I will never visit a country where jet ski bullies are apparent...where Tuk tuk drivers are under the guise of a mafia whatever. Visitors will stay away and I will lend to the reasons why.:)

Hi Rooster ... I too spent time in a top tier International School and had medical coverage thank goodness.

I had an unfortunate episode where I was diagnosed with a brain aneurysm and needed immediate surgery. The Hospital quoted my school's insurance a figure of 400,000 Baht. The operation was in mid-session (I was of course sedated and unaware) when the hospital phoned my wife told her that they misquoted the cost of the procedure. It was going to cost 700,000 Baht.

Would she agree to pay the difference?

As I heard the story next day - when I was conscious - it occurred to me that my dear wife had given the correct answer. I wonder to this day , what would they have done to me if she said NO ? 

As it turned out, the school insurance did indeed cover the full amount.

TIT - This Is Thailand !

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kentrot said:

Hi Rooster ... I too spent time in a top tier International School and had medical coverage thank goodness.

I had an unfortunate episode where I was diagnosed with a brain aneurysm and needed immediate surgery. The Hospital quoted my school's insurance a figure of 400,000 Baht. The operation was in mid-session (I was of course sedated and unaware) when the hospital phoned my wife told her that they misquoted the cost of the procedure. It was going to cost 700,000 Baht.

Would she agree to pay the difference?

As I heard the story next day - when I was conscious - it occurred to me that my dear wife had given the correct answer. I wonder to this day , what would they have done to me if she said NO ? 

As it turned out, the school insurance did indeed cover the full amount.

TIT - This Is Thailand !

lucky you !!!

• Like 1

Boy Rooster, I am usually amused and enjoy your comments but apparently not all are amused or entertained, keep up the good work, I live in the Philippines but I love Thailand and if it was not so difficult to stay there I would be tempted. 

19 hours ago, Tradewind777 said:

No, he is an Ozy!

Another good read Rooster. I have a question, I see a survey if Myanmar should

be forced to take back the Rohingyas. Thailand and Myanmar are both mainly

Buddhist countries, and I understand that the Rohingyas are Muslim.

My question is why hasn't a Muslim stepped up and welcomed these people

into their country?  Just curious..

Geezer

• Like 1