Anyone know any Thai's who have visted Mexico without a visa?

I'm wondering if my wife will need a mexican visa as she has a 10 year US tourist visa.

I found this on the Mexican Visa website. https://embamex.sre.gob.mx/tailandia/index.php/2016-04-08-07-30-52/2016-04-08-07-31-38

Please note that holders of a valid USA visa can be authorized at any port of entry by the migratory authorities to visit Mexico as tourist, business visitor or person in transit without holding a Mexican visa, regardless of their nationality. To enter the country visitors must meet the following requirements:

A valid passport at the time of the intended date of entry to Mexico.

Valid USA Visa.

Immigration authorities may request additional information such as: main destination, hotel accommodation, return ticket, proof of financial means (international credit cards, debit cards or traveller's cheques).

Has anyone had experiance with this? I will travel to Mexico with my wife.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Just another example that a 10-yr US Tourist Visa is acceptable for a Thai to travel to Mexico...

See this video (relevant section of the video is between 1:29 - 2:08).  https://youtu.be/Phz2AhtvVC4

This example was from November 2018, departing an airport in New York.  

• 1 month later...
On 11/22/2018 at 6:30 PM, macahoom said:

I don’t think she will have any problems.

My Thai girlfriend entered Mexico twice during two separate holidays (without a Mexico visa) while holding a USA visa.

No issues coming back into USA?

Where is she planning to enter Mexico?

If it's Tijauana by car, there's a chance she won't even speak with any immigration until trying to re-enter the US.

I travelled by car there 12 months ago using the San Ysidiro crossing and there no checks leaving the US and only half of the cars entering Mexico were stopped my Mexican immigration. Otherwise you drive straight in Mexico, then when leaving straight out again until you reach the US port of entry

On 1/20/2019 at 12:29 AM, Time Traveller said:

Where is she planning to enter Mexico?

If it's Tijauana by car, there's a chance she won't even speak with any immigration until trying to re-enter the US.

I travelled by car there 12 months ago using the San Ysidiro crossing and there no checks leaving the US and only half of the cars entering Mexico were stopped my Mexican immigration. Otherwise you drive straight in Mexico, then when leaving straight out again until you reach the US port of entry

If you plan on driving use San Ysidro, or walk across the border at San Diego then fly wherever you are going from Tijuana.

That tends to be the quickest and easiest

To add to this. Driving in Mexico, not always a good idea. I'm Hispanic so speak Spanish, but it can still be challenging!

Edited by GinBoy2