where to get a good and cheap taxi in Pattaya?

Gerd Schuessler

7 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

Grab seems to be much more expensive here than it is in Bangkok but it is still better than any other solution as it requires no negotiation or discussion.

Would it be possible to check GRAB at internet without loading down the App? My phone does not allow to load additional program..

That option disappeared when Uber was forced out.  GRAB in Pattaya is generally not much cheaper than any random taxi, depending on your negotiation skills with the taxi drivers.  Take a motorbike over a taxi if at all possible.  

Edited by AlexCanada

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed that Grab has become more expensive in Pattaya than it (and Uber) used to be, but still cheaper than taxi, with no negotiating.  And, they are available to summons pretty much 24/7.

On 11/22/2018 at 10:32 AM, Gerd Schuessler said:

Would it be possible to check GRAB at internet without loading down the App? My phone does not allow to load additional program..

wrong buy I would say...  get rid of it, a smartphone that doesn't allow installing apps is not going to be of much use

you have to talk to them not so much about meters, but more about cost

it might take a while but you can find the odd one who will quote a not to over the top price. you then use him/her for all your trips. there used to be

a few decent taxi firms but I think they have long gone now. not an easy quest but they are there and just keep looking. 

Edited by zoza