Rechargeable 18650 Batteries - Does anyone make a good quality one?

Around the house I have several devices including solar cell lights, rechargeable flashlights etc that use 18650 size batteries.  Does anyone make a decent 18650 battery?   Most of mine came with the rechargeable solar cell light or flashlight but I have purchased some additional batteries online.  They are all lousy.  I can use the flashlight for only a few minutes two to three days in a row and then it has lost its charge.   The same is true of the solar cell lights.  Despite the fact that the solar cell light only triggers when activated by motion, unless it is a really sunny day, the battery does not retain enough charge to fully power it. 

If there is a good brand, please let me know.  I have tried some that were advertised as Samsung but online you have to wonder if that was really true. 

Here is a picture of the type of battery I am referring to. 

image.png.68b896d806b69f8668d017d9a43cf866.png

I use the ones from Hobbyking as they seem to be reasonable quality and weigh in at around 45grams which is good.

Plenty of junk around that's for sure.

Prior to the HK stuff it was pretty much a 50/50 gamble.

Bit of short supply at present.

2000mah.jpg

2500mah.jpg

1 hour ago, alanrchase said:

Panasonic NCR18650B 3,400mah batteries seem to be ok. Don't buy any batteries that claim to be more than 3,400mah because they are likely fake as 3,400 is about the maximum capacity at the moment.

20220420_145850.jpg

Indeed. While the advertisers think they will sell more that way, in reality it's just a tipoff to knowledgeable buyers to avoid them.

3 hours ago, Randell said:

I have always had good long last rechargeable  battery  from Sony pay more get more.

The problem is that many of the batteries which are sold have brand name stickers on them. And that's about the only thing which they have in common with those brands.

It is very difficult to find out which of the batteries are "real".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It is very difficult to find out which of the batteries are "real".

Neither the Panasonic nor the Sony 'flagship' store on LAZ offers 18650s.

Buyer beware

Edited by KhunLA

22 minutes ago, snowgard said:

And do you know if all those Sony, Panasonic and other brand name batteries are actually from those companies?

There are so many batteries with brans name stickers out there. I find it difficult to impossible to find out which are the real thing.

I like to listen to your experience if you have any with this supplier and their batteries. 

If you don't have a meter to check the battery capacity, you can also weight it. In trusted shops of your home country you can see the original weight.

Almost all FAKE BATTERIES are much lighter as the real one.

Like here: https://www.conrad.com/p/samsung-nr18650-25r-non-standard-battery-rechargeable-18650-high-current-loading-high-temperature-resistant-flat-to-1431335

https://www.tme.eu/en/details/accu-18650-2.6sam/rechargeable-batteries/samsung/icr-18650-26f/

• Like 2

• 2 years later...