Phuket Immigration Drive Thru opens

snoop1130

Phuket Immigration Drive Thru opens

By Tanyaluk Sakoot

1542881493_1-org.jpg

Col Kathathorn Kumthieng, Chief of Phuket Immigration Office explained that the Drive Thru - the only one of its kind in the country - comes as the Phuket Immigration is gettnig a full technical and aesthetic makeover. Photo: Tanyaluk Sakoot

PHUKET:-- The ‘Drive Thru’ service at Phuket Immigration Office officially opened last night, with Immigration Chief Maj Gen Surachate Halparn present to oversee proceedings.

Present for the event were Region 8 Police Acting Commander Lt Gen Pongwut Pongsri as well as a host of consular representatives for Phuket, including British Honorary Consul for Phuket Martin Carpenter, Swiss Honorary Consul for Phuket Andrea Kotas Tammathin, Austrian Honorary Consul Wanida Hongyok and French Honorary Consul Claude De Crissey.

Gen Surachate praised the innovation, with the new service the only Immigration Drive Thru in the country.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-immigration-drive-thru-opens-69435.php#fJ8LDq8AIdebCdKc.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-11-22

19 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

Thaiger report shows Big Joke and an open top Merc sports checking in. Driver looked Thai .... another good photo shoot, 

Yippee- we have two of us actually IN Phuket commenting on this now. Stand by for more inane comments by those who live elsewhere and will be totally unaffected by this initiative.

The pax seemed to have nice big nom, shame there wasn't a better picture of her. I'm all in favour of progress but I'll still have to get out to pass the passport across!

• Like 2

Good luck on the initiative, and I hope they changed the direction of traffic flow.

By the way, I see BJ had half his head cropped in the above photo in favour of the other officer...........He will NOT like that one little bit..........:whistling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm curious to know how this drive through idea is going to work, if I/O's take so long going over all the paper work, do the motorist's have to keep stopping and starting their vehicles, or leave them running with the air con on, and what about the possible queue's, out the gate, and down the road ??????

Did my 90 day in Chiang Mai last week, took 1:10 mins, and numbered 23 in the queue, (3 min average for each), glad not to be sitting in car.

18 minutes ago, grumpy 4680 said:

I'm curious to know how this drive through idea is going to work, if I/O's take so long going over all the paper work, do the motorist's have to keep stopping and starting their vehicles, or leave them running with the air con on, and what about the possible queue's, out the gate, and down the road ??????

Did my 90 day in Chiang Mai last week, took 1:10 mins, and numbered 23 in the queue, (3 min average for each), glad not to be sitting in car.

Let's give it a chance. See how it goes. But they do have to reverse the traffic flow. So simple just resign the  in and out gates. Plus repaint the road in front of booth. Clearly no plan or thinking.

• Like 1