Passport expiry

It depends upon your visa/extension status here.

If on a one year extension of stay you need at least 12 months remaining on you passports validity to get a the entire year when you apply.

Many embassies recommend you apply for a new passport when it your existing one has only 9 months remaining.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It depends upon your visa/extension status here.

If on a one year extension of stay you need at least 12 months remaining on you passports validity to get a the entire year when you apply.

Many embassies recommend you apply for a new passport when it your existing one has only 9 months remaining.

As I am on one year's extension of stay ( November 3 ) I should start applying for a new one in February 2019, correct?

You should have the new passport when you apply for the extension in November 2019, so it depends on how long your embassy needs to issue you a new passport. 2 months in advance should probably be safe

Edited by jackdd

6 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

As I am on one year's extension of stay ( November 3 ) I should start applying for a new one in February 2019, correct?

Since you passport is valid until May 2020 you could do it in September of 2019 to insure you have the new passport before you apply for the extension in November of 2019. You would still have over 6 months remaining if you applied in September.

40 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Since you passport is valid until May 2020 you could do it in September of 2019 to insure you have the new passport before you apply for the extension in November of 2019. You would still have over 6 months remaining if you applied in September.

Thanks again.