Secure Temporary Storage Lockers...

DFCarlson

In about 10 days I will be traveling to Bangkok and then to Singapore for a few days, and I do not want to take all my luggage to Singapore with me. To me, the best option is to leave some luggage at the airport and pick it up again when I get back from Singapore. Does anyone know if there is a secure storage facility, or secure storage lockers that can be locked for rent at the airport?

I searched the SV airport forum but could find only a report of theft at the "left luggage" facility. I surmise that this is the place to leave luggage for a short time to be picked up on return, but that it is only reasonably secure if there is nothing of value in the luggage. I am looking for an alternative as I would like to be able to leave some valuable items in the suitcase.

If there is no secure way to do this then I may have to find another short-term storage method, or else carry all my luggage to Singapore with me. Or maybe leave only items of no value at the left luggage facility... Or, maybe there is a secure storage facility ssomewhere in Bangkok itself where such lockers may be rented? The best kind, of course, is where you can use your own padlock to secure the storage locker.

Maybe a storage facility in the city would actually be better, since I cannot be sure that even if I depart from SV that it will not have been closed down a few days later when I return!!

I will also check at the hotel where I will stay in Bangkok for a couple of days before I leave for Singapore to see if they have or can recommend a secure storage facility that I can use.

Any recommendations will be appreciated!

Yes there is a left luggage office on the second floor. If you plan on leaving a bag make sure nothing of value is left in the bag because people have been reporting items of value missing when they pick up the bag at a later date.

Another topic has already addressed this issue.

Edited by ballbreaker

In about 10 days I will be traveling to Bangkok and then to Singapore for a few days, and I do not want to take all my luggage to Singapore with me. To me, the best option is to leave some luggage at the airport and pick it up again when I get back from Singapore. Does anyone know if there is a secure storage facility, or secure storage lockers that can be locked for rent at the airport?

I searched the SV airport forum but could find only a report of theft at the "left luggage" facility. I surmise that this is the place to leave luggage for a short time to be picked up on return, but that it is only reasonably secure if there is nothing of value in the luggage. I am looking for an alternative as I would like to be able to leave some valuable items in the suitcase.

If there is no secure way to do this then I may have to find another short-term storage method, or else carry all my luggage to Singapore with me. Or maybe leave only items of no value at the left luggage facility... Or, maybe there is a secure storage facility ssomewhere in Bangkok itself where such lockers may be rented? The best kind, of course, is where you can use your own padlock to secure the storage locker.

Maybe a storage facility in the city would actually be better, since I cannot be sure that even if I depart from SV that it will not have been closed down a few days later when I return!!

I will also check at the hotel where I will stay in Bangkok for a couple of days before I leave for Singapore to see if they have or can recommend a secure storage facility that I can use.

Any recommendations will be appreciated!

If you return to town I would leave it at the hotel

Good luck