Pattaya Internet Sophon FTTX experience

skiller

Good afternoon,

I got a condo in Pattaya and looking for a reliable Internet and a speed of 30/10 or 50/20 Mbit.

Cable TV is availbale. Does anyone have/had experience with Sophon Fttx? Today is Sunday, tried to call the office

and it is closed (No good sign!). At the website I couldn´t found any price or packages.

Here some questions:

1. Is it reliable?

2. How is the support in case the Internet is going off for some reasons?

3. At the website I read "same day or next day installation"

4. Would you choose another ISP? AIS is Not available.

I am living in Bang Saray, having since 5 years TOT and very happy with it.

Thank´s in advance.

I had Sophon for a couple of years. It was reliable and they were quick to come out if needed.

I only switched away from them to 3BB because Sophon didnt keep up with the competition in respect of bandwidth/price, and because they introduced a new type of modem in my building that was incompatible with some of my requirements. Probably not an issue for most people though.

Thank´s for your fast response.

I called today after 8 am 03 423000 which is the number for the internet. Nobody picked up the phone. I tried to call the other number 038423777 which is for the cable TV. The lady at the other end, I have to call 03 423000, I said I did. Her answer was, " don´t try call Thai people morning". OMG

Right now it doesn´t sound serious for me.

Does someone know where the location is? I know it is in the 3rd road, but where exactly?

Thanks again.

I always try to avoid the phone in Thailand whenever possible. I rarely seem to get the response I'm looking for. One exception would be 3BB which has a very good call centre.

The SophonBB office is in South Road, on the opposite side to Friendship and about 100 yards further towards 3rd Road.

https://goo.gl/maps/nQanrVX9yEB2

Advantages of SophonBB are that they usually install very quickly, and they are one of the few companies that doesnt require a minimum one year contract.

http://www.gigabitpattaya.com/index.php/residential-services/

Archived