EU agrees 'best possible' Brexit deal, urges Britons to back May

webfact

3 hours ago, KiChakayan said:

What could you expect from wingeing Poms? Now those who got their "Brexit" are still at it...

If you believe what you wrote then you don't understand the deal and how it offends both Brexiteers and Remainers.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 3NUMBAS said:

shes been conned the sillly woman ,,wto rules asap .otherwise uk is locked in a straight jacket and eu takes the pi55 for evermore.slaves to the eu mafia

If you mean TM then she hasn't been conned. This was her plan all along - A deal so bad that we will have to reject it and by default stay in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chelseafan said:

If you mean TM then she hasn't been conned. This was her plan all along - A deal so bad that we will have to reject it and by default stay in.

I don’t necessarily agree that “staying in” is the natural consequence of rejecting the deal.

May’s position would become untenable if the deal is defeated on 12 December. 

A new PM, who is a genuine Brexiteer, will be hard to find. Boris is unelectable to the top job and I am not convinced Rees-Mogg has the balls for the job.

1 hour ago, Chelseafan said:

I don’t necessarily agree that “staying in” is the natural consequence of rejecting the deal.

A new PM, who is a genuine Brexiteer, will be hard to find. Boris is unelectable to the top job and I am not convinced Rees-Mogg has the balls for the job.

4 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

thought that Rees-Mogg already had stated publicly that he does not want any PM job,

when doing so he pointed to BJ and ?Geve? as potential candidates

• Haha 1

On 11/26/2018 at 11:01 AM, vogie said:

Great take on democracy, I use similar democracy in my kitchen, only Thais can do do the washing up. The reasoning is they are smaller than me, therefore nearer the sink and less likely to injure their back when bending over.

I just dont see why people who are knocking on the door of God's waiting room (which includes me) should have much say in a subject that really wont affect them very much.

If you cant see the justice in that then giving people extra votes in inverse proportion to their age would have been a suitable solution also.

The UK isn't a true democracy anyway: it's a parliamentary democracy. Referendums have no value there at all and parliament is never obliged to pay any attention to them. The reason for that being that everyone with more than half a brain knows that Joe Public is a moron who could never comprehend any issue more complex than who won "Strictly".

• Like 2

10 hours ago, vogie said:

"I just dont see why people who are knocking on the door of God's waiting room (which includes me) should have much say in a subject that really wont affect them very much."

I think the obvious reply to that is, most Sages are not of a young age, they are wise old men who have lived and learned and are capable of making important decisions. Most of the young are very gullible and will believe anything that is told to them, afteral they believed the lies Jeremy Corbyn told them, good old Corbynomics. I would hate to think that our country was future reliant on people that are very good at Grand Theft Auto but are incapable of opening a tin of beans.

I am not going to even bother with the rest of your insulting post, I don't suppose you would class yourself in the catagory of "half a brain" how insulting and very arrogant to say the least.

I would class your post as 'if you don't think the same as me, you must be stupid' a charactoristic shared by many remainers.

The argument for every citizen above the age of majority having a vote is one of democracy, it has nothing to do with your unfounded assertions regarding the young or your assertions regarding the sagacity of the old, which are in any case negated by your own posting history.

But let’s not miss the point on the completeness of the franchise. Over a million British citizens living in Europe were denied a vote in the referendum, that it inexcusable (other than by a government Gerrymandering the vote). 

Edited by Chomper Higgot

25 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The argument for every citizen above the age of majority having a vote is one of democracy, it has nothing to do with your unfounded assertions regarding the young or your assertions regarding the sagacity of the old, which are in any case negated by your own posting history.

But let’s not miss the point on the completeness of the franchise. Over a million British citizens living in Europe were denied a vote in the referendum, that it inexcusable (other than by a government Gerrymandering the vote). 

Obviously my post has gone over your head. Denying people over any age (one guy on here advocates 45) the right to vote is agism and descrimatory, and on par with racism and homophobia, I am sorry you missed the point of my post.

Edited by vogie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, vogie said:

Obviously my post has gone over your head. Denying people over any age (one guy on here advocates 45) the right to vote is agism and descrimatory, and on par with racism and homophobia, I am sorry you missed the point of my post.

Haven’t I provided the argument for not excluding anyone over the age of majority, or did you miss it?

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Haven’t I provided the argument for not excluding anyone over the age of majority, or did you miss it?

It is totally irrelevant what argument you provided, my post was directed at a poster that claimed voters over 60 should not be allowed to vote, in my opinion that should not be the case, as stated.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

I do not know where you get your information from, but all heads of state of the remaining 27 member EU states have expressed their regret that the UK wants to leave the EU. Is yes a joint project for over 40 years, in which the UK has indeed participated in the front line. Where this hatred of the EU comes from (51 and a little%) can not be understood properly on the continent. The UK media propaganda suggests as if the EU has castrated the UK. That's complete nonsense. If you analyze the economic data and development of member countries over 40 years, the EU has been / is still a win-win situation for all members. The UK's withdrawal from the EU is weakening Europe as a whole. A lose-lose situation. What should be agreed now is the greatest possible mitigation from the idiocy of a non-binding referendum. Hope the next referendum in the UK is about the complete abolition of taxes. There will certainly be a majority for it. But then do not ask about the consequences and the possibility of realization.

Of course the 27 countries regret that GB leaves the EU. Where else are they going to get the money to prop up the failed states of Italy and Greece to name just a few.

Where else are they going to send the flood of illegal migrants that the EU welcomed with wide open arms. And don't know what to do with.

Brexit is a win for GB and a lose for EU. EU are great losers. All great alliances fail and GB is just the first to win back their sovereignty.

If BG fails, it will be because of what they as a country decide, not some artificially non elected German controlled pack of over representd fools decide.

The post about abolition of taxes is a last gasp and last grasp at the straw that shows your completely simple attitude to reality.

I wish I could quote a German Nazi who said that Germany will ultimately control Europe as was its destiny. Give me time and I will find the quote. Molbe, or Molke perhaps

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Prissana Pescud said:

Of course the 27 countries regret that GB leaves the EU. Where else are they going to get the money to prop up the failed states of Italy and Greece to name just a few.

Where else are they going to send the flood of illegal migrants that the EU welcomed with wide open arms. And don't know what to do with.

Brexit is a win for GB and a lose for EU. EU are great losers. All great alliances fail and GB is just the first to win back their sovereignty.

If BG fails, it will be because of what they as a country decide, not some artificially non elected German controlled pack of over representd fools decide.

The post about abolition of taxes is a last gasp and last grasp at the straw that shows your completely simple attitude to reality.

I wish I could quote a German Nazi who said that Germany will ultimately control Europe as was its destiny. Give me time and I will find the quote. Molbe, or Molke perhaps

many of the 27 regret, not all, some are overjoyed that UK pisses off,

UK has been enfant terrible and a constant troublemaker in EU for many  years

Nazi?

A Hitler comes to mind, nazi ok, but not German so he probably doesn't count

• Thanks 1

Just now, melvinmelvin said:

many of the 27 regret, not all, some are overjoyed that UK pisses off,

UK has been enfant terrible and a constant troublemaker in EU for many  years

Nazi?

A Hitler comes to mind, nazi ok, but not German so he probably doesn't count

Berlin. 26 June 1940.

"I have the impression that we are rushing for a common currency for the whole of Europe.

That would be progress, of course, and, one would hope, of lasting significance"

Letter from Helmuth von Moltke (Military Intelligence")

The commas are not my work, it is the work of a full blown Nazi.

The war was fought and the Nazis have won. The Germans have conquered Europe

and this time they did not need to go to war.

And all of Europe has waved their little white flag to Germany.

Except Britain, which once again stands up for democracy, yes a parliamentory democracy which has stood the test of time.

• Like 1

Just now, Prissana Pescud said:

Berlin. 26 June 1940.

"I have the impression that we are rushing for a common currency for the whole of Europe.

That would be progress, of course, and, one would hope, of lasting significance"

Letter from Helmuth von Moltke (Military Intelligence")

The commas are not my work, it is the work of a full blown Nazi.

The war was fought and the Nazis have won. The Germans have conquered Europe

and this time they did not need to go to war.

And all of Europe has waved their little white flag to Germany.

Except Britain, which once again stands up for democracy, yes a parliamentory democracy which has stood the test of time.

I told you I would find the quote.