British-born Thai racer Alexander Albon to race for Toro Rosso F1 team in 2019

webfact

6 hours ago, ParadiseLost said:

No surprise to see Red Bull associating itself with corrupt Thais in fast cars...

To some people money just can't be dirty: This kid grew up in a privileged environment; all the connections (and money) it takes to get this high in motorsport today, were based on his mothers greedy, fraudulent activities.

No matter how talented he is, it is disgusting he is allowed to receive such a high honor.

No it wasn't.

His father founded the Business N A Carriage - (Nigel Alborn) and raced Porsches...I guess when he got older he just let her run it  - then the fraud began.

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

It never ceases to amaze me the horrible negativity to any achievement by a Thai on here.  Must find a way to denigrate him - either by saying he is British and not Thai (he's just as much British as he is Thai) or by attacking his parents and upbringing.  It is shameful and disgusting really.

the mother not much of a looker either looks like ex bar girl

7 hours ago, ParadiseLost said:

He is hardly a child now, is he?

If you follow F1, today more and more young privileged 'racers' are buying their seats. This is leading to a spate of spoiled brats displacing real talented (but poor) drivers.

Lewis Hamilton came up the hard way, it must really irk him to see how easily corrupt money can be used to buy a seat.

Likewise Fernando Alonso. 

• Like 1

He obviously has talent as a racing driver.   He was probably schooled early by his father who raced professionally, which would be a huge help.  As for the mother?  Is she still married to Nigel, the kids father?   Did Alex continue to live with her?   Did his money for racing come from her?

But there is an old saying in racing "Money talks, Talent walks."

I wish him well, but he will be lucky to get any points in his first year.  Second year will depend on first year results and money he can bring to the team in sponsors.  I'm sure a couple of big Thai brands will give him sponsorship money.  Yes, I know Red Bull was invented by a Thai...

Edited by JMSIII
Add

17 minutes ago, JMSIII said:

He obviously has talent as a racing driver.   He was probably schooled early by his father who raced professionally, which would be a huge help.  As for the mother?  Is she still married to Nigel, the kids father?   Did Alex continue to live with her?   Did his money for racing come from her?

His talent is not really in question, the report mentions she is the estranged wife, living in the 4.5 million pound mansion, with her 5 children.

Did his money come from her? It certainly could have. If he was not her son he would be an accomplice, no?

All the drivers who line up on the grid in F1 have talent. Only some have a great car. All have been supported. Lewis Hamilton has been sponsored by McLaren/Ron Denis since he was 12 years old. Alonso backed by Bank Santander. The drivers have a pedigree name, and/or some level of backing. Some like Hulkenberg have less, some like Lance Stroll more. To be successful in F1 you need talent, a great car, luck, and money. 

8 hours ago, DM07 said:

He could be from Mars, for all I care!

I never understand, why all Thais wet their pants, when someone is even 7% Thai and has some "success" in sports or something, but constantly look down on "luuk krung" in real life!

I hope, this helps you to understand!?

:coffee1:

Who's wetting their pants?

10 hours ago, happy chappie said:

Does it really matter.same outcome.

Yes, it does matter as it says a lot about the poster which is why I asked.  What does it have to do with the kid and his talent?

My issue: did they see a successful Thai and happened to know an obscure story about their mother and thought they would share it, or did they see a story about a successful Thai and went Googling to see what they could find and they struck gold with a story about their mother, rubbed their hands with glee and went straight to TV?

We all know it was the latter, and it is really sad and pathetic. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, josephbloggs said:

What does it have to do with the kid and his talent?

His talent is not being questioned.

The impact of (dirty) money in F1 is very pertinent.

Shooting the messenger rather than focusing on the discussion...?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, josephbloggs said:

My issue: did they see a successful Thai and happened to know an obscure story about their mother and thought they would share it, or did they see a story about a successful Thai and went Googling to see what they could find and they struck gold with a story about their mother, rubbed their hands with glee and went straight to TV?

It's entertainment, same as F1. Can be sad & pathetic but if you hit that big a pile of dirt it's a lovely little muddy puddle to roll in. I'm eagerly waiting for the conspiracy theories on who really is the daddy. We want to be entertaaaaaiinnedhh!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ulic said:

All the drivers who line up on the grid in F1 have talent. Only some have a great car. All have been supported. Lewis Hamilton has been sponsored by McLaren/Ron Denis since he was 12 years old. Alonso backed by Bank Santander. The drivers have a pedigree name, and/or some level of backing. Some like Hulkenberg have less, some like Lance Stroll more. To be successful in F1 you need talent, a great car, luck, and money. 

All very true.

However, you are speaking about legitimate sponsorship, not dirty money earned by a convicted criminal using Ponzi-scheme fraudulent funds.

Even the possibility the money is tainted should be enough to exclude him. There is no shortage of talent, rich or poor.

And to be clear, I don't care if he is Thai or any other nationality, my beef is he definitely benefited from dirty money.

19 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

I'm interested - did you know this already?   Or did you go digging on his upbringing looking for dirt, hoping to find something?

Be honest.

Whats that got  to do with ANYTHING

• Like 1

7 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Yes, it does matter as it says a lot about the poster which is why I asked.  What does it have to do with the kid and his talent?

Maybe the poster just googled the man to find out more about his life and who is parents were as it was claimed he was Thai but British born with a British name and probably got a British passport and lives in the uk.then low and behold came across the dirty side of his mothers antics.i think your being pessimistic thinking the man went looking for dirt.how many other formula 1 drivers have been googled ????

On 11/27/2018 at 6:51 AM, Jeremy50 said:

Racing cars should be consigned to the past. 

F1 fo sure. It's now a millenial e-sport, nothing like the good old times with no electronics and an insane turbo lag, when real men put their lives on line in every corner. Back then it was still interesting to watch. 

9 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

F1 fo sure. It's now a millenial e-sport, nothing like the good old times with no electronics and an insane turbo lag, when real men put their lives on line in every corner. Back then it was still interesting to watch. 

and one wonders how well one of those real men would do in a modern car?

i suppose whatever car you drive today has no safety systems and no abs to allow you to retain your manhood.

does the same go for modern day military pilots? or do real men only fly sopwith camels?

5 minutes ago, HooHaa said:

i suppose whatever car you drive today has no safety systems and no abs to allow you to retain your manhood.

You are correct. It's a 90's Nissan, the glory days of Japanese automobiles. I can feel my mighty nuts bulging every time I turn the key.

That said, I'd much rather risk my life in a turbo era F1 on a rainy day in Monaco than drive in Thai traffic. There's garden variety thrill seeking and utter insanity.

Edited by DrTuner

23 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

I think you're sad and pathetic trying to draw inferences when there are none.

RAZZ

• 4 months later...