Lower Harley Prices

EVENKEEL

The prices of Harley Sportsters and bikes in that class are being made in Thailand and the new prices are going down. The Iron 883 is now 499,000bht and the 48 is now 699,000bht vs 900,000bht before. Guys trying to sell are in for a shock. Just saw a 2014 883 asking 500,00bht, while a new one is cheaper.

• Haha 2

I had fun on my mate's Harley in Australia, but far too dangerous to ride here. As I boringly report each entry, forty years accident-free biking in the UK, 6 months here several accidents not my fault, gave up after last one put me in hospital and had to have my wrist plated. I was stationary and woman accelerated into me driving on wrong side of road, having mistaken accelerator for brake. Luckily only my Honda Wave crushed between me and her car, a Harley would have been far more painful.

• Like 1

HD and HD copy etc, custom honda etc, have best option newer if buy motorbike, just good style and idea drive motobike, i has many thai shit motorbikes, wave,click,etc, and have too little too terriple drive, not can drive good far, about 400-1900 km trip. its my normal trip if use bike. travelling around country and looking new beauty places. wave you not can do this, not have motorbike have moped and good only big city use. but HD problem have ower prize lot all model. honda i has looking now my next bike but no found secondhand under 80 000b before i has honda shadow 40 000 b not old little driver bike good but has too little motor 400CC and second has 700cc and i move live back my main country some year working i sell thats, now have pension and live thailand all my life end and need looking new bike. newer i no buy again honda cbr etc other race style shit toy bike, i has one and no good drive,i has wery sick and ewerywere pain after 700km trip but HD or honda custom not newer has bad feel i drive. custom style have lot lot better long trip drive than idiot race bikes newer.

Edited by finnishmen
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Yh I'd rather stick with my Honda wave those Harley's are too loud and too big. Defeats all purposes of a bike for me. Put it this way if you offered me a swap deal for the Harley I'd take it sell it and buy another wave.

Me too!

• Like 1

????

2 hours ago, Tapster said:

Nasty comments, you guys!

If you don't like Harleys, just don't post, you miserable ****

Harleys American? not post that wouldn't be American what makes me miserable is when one goes by too loud sets off all the car alarms and wake everyone up just so they can get their small head an ego boost?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NOWHERE said:

Point of the OP is that resale price of second hand Harleys are going to come down. Not good for people who have recently bought one. 

Be keeping my eyes open for a bargain. 

The total value of Harley will come down, new and second hand and before  we get all the naysayers stating that Harley will be doing all their QA checks, I can guarantee the quality will also come down. The entire reason for being here is to approve additional sources for their BOM, and you can bet your bottom dollar that they will let things slide, even just a little bit.

It is a whole new ball game once you start approving local vendors for your manufacturing process out here. It all starts off with the best intentions, but just give it a bit of time and once that production line is on stop for maybe a 6mm self tapping screw that does not quite meet the QA standard, you can guarantee there will be a concession to use it, Then it just continues from there, eroding away a little at a time. Eventually you stand back and find out that you have no longer made a dog, instead you have a cat with a conversion kit and a list of concessions as long as your arm.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Got a 2001 in the Old Country.

Controls, wheels, brakes, clutch - Italy. Engine components - Austria, Suspension - Japan, electronics - Mexico and China.

You got to go back to the 60's to have a Harley made in USA - not just assembled there.

As all other manufacturers, of any brand, anywhere, are doing the last umpteen years.

In the '60s when someone said they owned a Harley people would ask them if they rode it more than they pushed it.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, connda said:

It cost less than 300K THB at the current exchange rate in the US.  So, why would I want to buy one in Thailand?  That a low end Harley.  :clap2:

Because perhaps you reside in Thailand. Me, I'm not so keen on it myself. But, Harley is popular among Thais.

Years ago I had A springer softail.It cost me $17,000 new.I went to HD of Bangkok and it was $32,000 Or A million baht.It was nearly double in Thailand.

I doubt it’s changed much.By the way we use to call sporsters  Fall A parts ter.

Never cared for them.

On 11/28/2018 at 6:25 AM, EVENKEEL said:

The Iron 883 is now 499,000bht and the 48 is now 699,000bht vs 900,000bht 

HD Roadking and Streetglide in US. I’ve enjoy riding most any bike som you like some you don’t each to their own. 

I like HD my son likes BMW and Old Guzzi

Which dealer has the Iron 883 for 500k baht.

93484B3D-B6E9-40C0-AEED-E16C80838A04.jpeg

33194C16-5915-4634-A019-99624516C6D8.jpeg

88397E12-A6C6-42A4-BF5B-420B0AD2134F.jpeg

B98DD870-01D7-4A6F-B8B2-C1FDCDB0DBC9.jpeg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DJ54 said:

HD Roadking and Streetglide in US. I’ve enjoy riding most any bike som you like some you don’t each to their own. 

Pattaya Harley on Sukemviet

6 minutes ago, Ahab said:

Great news. Now you can pay $15K USD for a bike that costs less than $10K USD in the United States, well at least they are making progress. Still not very reasonable (IMO).

It's a personal choice. I'll be there in Thailand full time within a year and Triumph will be my choice. I guess you have to a Die Hard Harley guy to put out the cash. But, make no mistake about the number of Thais rolling hard on top of the line Harleys. Go to some bike week events and you'll see them.

2 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

It's a personal choice.

Exactly. I have 6 bikes here, all different.

Do not denigrate anyones choice - like the sport bike guys with their knees folded, feet level with their posterior, which is higher than their head. Look like a monkey ....ing a football.

I would never say that 555

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, DJ54 said:

When they come out with a DCT model (Dual Clutch Tranny)  I would consider, I don't much like shifting anymore.........and an HD does not need to be super loud, people modify them to be that way.

On 11/29/2018 at 12:23 PM, TunnelRat69 said:

When they come out with a DCT model (Dual Clutch Tranny)  I would consider, I don't much like shifting anymore.........and an HD does not need to be super loud, people modify them to be that way.

An automatic Hardly Ableson I can imagine it and tbh I reckon they would sell a load to the same lot that buy the rest of their merchandise, personally I would rather shove live wasps up my arse......!

• Haha 1

Just now, mark131v said:

An automatic Hardly Ableson I can imagine it and tbh I reckon they would sell a load to the same lot that buy the rest of their merchandise, personally I would rather shove live wasps up my arse......!

Ouch!!  I may be an American, but they can keep the Harley's   -  I'd put my money on a Rice Burner anyday..............

• Like 1