Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Fax for receving a fax

merlen10002

20 minutes ago, allane said:

To the best of my knowledge, the Communications Authority of Thailand (CAT), will do this. Perhaps check with them first, at the NE corner of the intersection of South and Third Roads. Then, please report back here !

Thank you will go and try tomorrow morning can not do it now because of the time different , 

3 minutes ago, merlen10002 said:

Thank you will go and try tomorrow morning can not do it now because of the time different , 

Is there not some kind of fax app built into Windows? I have noticed it but never had to use it, faxes were 20 years ago.

But I think most bigger hotels still have machines, with the thermal paper, although modern ones (10 years ago) printed on normal paper.

Had this problem with my bank about 5 years back.

I approached the business centre of a nearby 5 star hotel who still had a fax machine and the agreed to let me use their fax number / fax machine.

But at a cost of course, from memory 100Baht per page from Australia, max of 300Baht if total not over 10 pages. 80Baht per page (every page) going to Australia.

Not cheap but at least it got past the problem and only needed it one time. 

My guess is that some 5 star hotels would still have fax facilities on some type.

13 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Is there not some kind of fax app built into Windows? I have noticed it but never had to use it, faxes were 20 years ago.

But I think most bigger hotels still have machines, with the thermal paper, although modern ones (10 years ago) printed on normal paper.

"faxes were 20 years ago"

I recall joekicker making that claim a few years ago before  he vanished.   I've found banks and  real estate  companies often require faxes instead of any type of email attachment.    I wonder why some figure they're obsolete technology?

22 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Receiving Faxes

If you do need to receive faxes, you’ll have to sign up for a paid service. The service will need to establish a dedicated phone number for your fax line, and that costs money. RingCentral, MyFax, and many other services will do this if you pay.

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks for information to everyone, I went to many places , small post offices in Shopping centers, lawyers office, visa offices, hotels , banks, CAT phone company, not one worked, some gave me the fax number but I think they were only for Thailand not overseas, 

I found a internet café on Pattaya Klang opposite the Kasikornbank , very good and not expensive nice people,  fax worked . 

thanks to all that try to help. 

On 11/28/2018 at 12:19 PM, wgdanson said:

There is indeed a fully functional fax programme in Windows. But in order to use it you need a fax modem, and those are becoming quite rare these days.

If you have a laptop with a modem port then you can indeed just find anyone with a Thai landline, connect your laptop to their landline using a standard phone cable, run Windows fax and then just get your correspondent to fax the document to that Thai landline number. Your laptop will answer and the document will be received.

Sending is the same except that many Thai landlines are blocked for outgoing international calls, and the block would need to be removed.

Though these days most people would probably just use the virtual fax method as described.

23 hours ago, merlen10002 said:

some gave me the fax number but I think they were only for Thailand not overseas, 

Never knew that a Thai phone/fax number would be limited to a certain destination from which it can receive calls/data.

For outgoing that is a possibility, but not for incoming imo

Archived