90 Day reporting (for retirement visa) necessary if I just reported after re-entry from travel abroad?

I'm a little confused.  I have a retirement visa which I got August 30.  So, my 90 day reporting would normally be by November 30.  HOWEVER, I left the Kingdom earlier this month and re-entered on Nov 10, reporting to IMM shortly afterwards as I was told to do. 

Wouldn't this mean that I have fulfilled the "reporting" requirement...or is reporting after re-entry different than the reporting requirement for my retirement visa.  Sorry to sound so obtuse but IMM procedures are incredibly confusing to me.

It is a report of staying longer than 90 consecutive days in the country. If you don't stay that long your report is not due until 90 days from the date you entered the country including that day in the count.

Your report is due on February 7th.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It is a report of staying longer than 90 consecutive days in the country. If you don't stay that long your report is not due until 90 days from the date you entered the country including that day in the country.

Your report is due on February 7th.

Thank you sir!  

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Since you have posted the same topic again. Doing this so you can see it at the top of the page.

My error; the server (or my computer) was freezing up.  I didn;t realize the post went through and reloaded the page to complete the post.  It resulted in two posts....sorry about that ????

Edited by CangguSurfer

3 hours ago, CangguSurfer said:

Wouldn't this mean that I have fulfilled the "reporting" requirement...or is reporting after re-entry different than the reporting requirement for my retirement visa.  Sorry to sound so obtuse but IMM procedures are incredibly confusing to me.

Reporting that you’ve returned to the country is different to a 90 day report.

The day you re-entered the country the 90 day clock reset to day 1. So regardless of any report you made to immigration when you returned you still need to report after 90 days if you stay in the country that long.

• Like 1

On 11/28/2018 at 6:05 PM, elviajero said:

Reporting that you’ve returned to the country is different to a 90 day report.

The day you re-entered the country the 90 day clock reset to day 1. So regardless of any report you made to immigration when you returned you still need to report after 90 days if you stay in the country that long.

???  I'm not sure what your point is.  I got a retirement visa on Aug 30.  My normal date to do a 90 day report would have been Nov 30 BUT I left the country in Oct 20 and returned Nov 10 at which time I reported to IMM to notify I had re-entered.  That resets my 90 days, thus no need to do a 90 day report until Feb 27.  Correct??

5 minutes ago, CangguSurfer said:

That resets my 90 days, thus no need to do a 90 day report until Feb 27.  Correct??

Not correct. Your report is due 90 days from November 10th when you entered the country. As I wrote before your report is due on February 7th.

The day you left the country your previous 90 day count ended and you started a new 90 days when you entered the country.

Just now, ubonjoe said:

Not correct. Your report is due 90 days from November 10th when you entered the country. As I wrote before your report is due on February 7th.

The day you left the country your previous 90 day count ended and you started a new 90 days when you entered the country.

You're right, sorry I meant Feb 7 (wasn't thinking).  My point was that there's no need to do one until 90 days has passed since I re-entered and visited IMM.  Thanks for correction on date.

5 hours ago, CangguSurfer said:

???  I'm not sure what your point is.  I got a retirement visa on Aug 30.  My normal date to do a 90 day report would have been Nov 30 BUT I left the country in Oct 20 and returned Nov 10 at which time I reported to IMM to notify I had re-entered.  That resets my 90 days, thus no need to do a 90 day report until Feb 27.  Correct??

Not exactly.

Your obligation to report on Nov 30th ended when you left on October 20th. The day you re-entered reset the 90 day count.

Reporting to immigration that you’ve returned has nothing to do with resetting the 90 day report. That is a separate report that some offices insist on to comply with a different address reporting law.

OP you have your answer already. Just to add...explaining it another way. I have been non o based on retirement (referred to as retirement visa) for 7 years. I have never done a 90 day report. Reason is im never in Thailand for 90 consecutive days. I fly every month or less out. When I reenter my 90 day clock starts again.

13 hours ago, elviajero said:

Not exactly.

Your obligation to report on Nov 30th ended when you left on October 20th. The day you re-entered reset the 90 day count.

Reporting to immigration that you’ve returned has nothing to do with resetting the 90 day report. That is a separate report that some offices insist on to comply with a different address reporting law.

Well, I've been told by UbonJoe, who's a very trusted source here in ThaiVisa that in CNX, reporting to IMM after re-entering the Kingdom resets the clock, pure and simple, and there is no need to report in again until 90 days has elapsed from the re-entry check-in date.  Just to be sure, I called IMM today, and after a lot of translation confusion, was told the same thing; no need for me to report in to IMM until 90 days has elapsed from my Nov 10th check-in date.  You might be correct that two reports are necessary in other provinces, but not here in CNX.

Edited by CangguSurfer

12 hours ago, NanYar said:

But anyway one can file this report 15 days before, or 7 days after the 90-day period expires (February 7th).

To be clear, I think that is only in-person filing.  My next reporting will be online or thru mail (hopefully LOL).

I posted this before, but for anyone interested, there is an excellent Help / FAQ posted on the net with all the details about 90 day reporting and a special emphasis on troubleshooting online reporting issues.  It's very well written, and appears up-to-date as of 2018.  Here is the link:

https://sites.google.com/site/ccccrecent/home/immigration-online-reporting-help

Edited by CangguSurfer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, I've been told by UbonJoe, who's a very trusted source here in ThaiVisa that in CNX, reporting to IMM after re-entering the Kingdom resets the clock, pure and simple, and there is no need to report in again until 90 days has elapsed from the re-entry check-in date.  Just to be sure, I called IMM today, and after a lot of translation confusion, was told the same thing; no need for me to report in to IMM until 90 days has elapsed from my Nov 10th check-in date.  You might be correct that two reports are necessary in other provinces, but not here in CNX.

That is not what UJ told you.

8 hours ago, CangguSurfer said:
On 12/3/2018 at 11:15 AM, elviajero said:

That is not what UJ told you.

That was a thoughtful and helpful comment...just like your last one.  Thanks.

To clarify. You said,

On 12/3/2018 at 5:18 AM, CangguSurfer said:

Well, I've been told by UbonJoe, who's a very trusted source here in ThaiVisa that in CNX, reporting to IMM after re-entering the Kingdom resets the clock, pure and simple, [snip]

That is not what UJ told you. He said,

On 12/2/2018 at 10:28 AM, ubonjoe said:

Not correct. Your report is due 90 days from November 10th when you entered the country. [snip]

• Thanks 1