Extreme Brexit could be worse than financial crisis for UK: BoE

webfact

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

Waffling barsteward.

I managed 3 minutes of that.

Too many long words? You really should persevere and extend your vocabulary. The Sun, The Mail, The Express are just not helping Are they?

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, evadgib said:

The Olympic & Commonwealth torches spend much of their journey(s) in the hands of similarly small numbers en-route to their destination...

Image result for olympic torch route uk

Well I'll tell you this, the Brexiter torch is not a very bright one!

What, what, what; not a very bright light, only three watts!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, nauseus said:

Tony Benn spelled it out so well 44 years ago. Everyone still thought it was a Common Market then.

I never understood why Tony Benn was portrayed as the ultimate 'bogeyman' in the press.  He always came across as honest and sincere to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vogie said:

Mods have told him twice now not to use it, but that is water off a ducks back to him, it has done more shows than Status Quo. 

To be fair, I enjoyed the Status Quo performance I attended ????.  The odd, stupid, nationalist - not so much.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

we shall see.....I reckon 20k tops at the end - if the weather is good. Bad weather then 5-10k. Which is hardly a successful call to arms of the British people to support Leave means Leave. 

I agree.  We need to wait to see what happens at the next GE.

2 hours ago, vogie said:

Mods have told him twice now not to use it, but that is water off a ducks back to him, it has done more shows than Status Quo. 

Only reporting works against a remainer comment - never mind how offensive.

I'm hoping that this obvious comment will not result in a holiday.....

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, nauseus said:

The list of what we have sovereignty over (etc etc) has been shrinking for years, and will continue to shrink if we stay in. Some taxes have been affected for years (eg VAT rates). The EU already plan common tax, defence and foreign policies.

I’m very surprised “not” why the remainers have failed to look at the future plans, as drawn up by those unelected Bureaucrats in Brussels. And then tried to convince us of the benefits of staying in this so called union.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

I read it. 

That being the case you will have no problem showing me where I mentioned my mother in law.

The first died in 1980 and the second in 1997, the third was Thai and died before becoming my mother in law, none of them had much to say on brexit.

In case you have forgotten what you said, "Well if you believe you mother-in-law that does say a lot."

Obviously you do not see the difference between reading and understanding.

• Like 2

It is quite obvious that they need us more than we need them.

The EU has said Britain cannot delay Brexit without a clear plan for what happens next, indicating only an election, a new referendum or major compromise on Theresa May’s red lines will suffice.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-delay-eu-no-deal-michel-barnier-leave-theresa-may-john-bercow-a8830716.html

2 hours ago, evadgib said:

Too long; You'd be better off delivering that as a talking head.

(easier for the board too)

HTH

Perhaps you'd rather I simply used short monosyllabic sentences as per the Sun, Star or Sport to make it easier for them?

With a picture of a woman with her tits out to grab their attention?

Not going to; and your comment shows how little respect you have for the comprehension abilities of your fellow Brexiteers here!

2 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

A bit rich from a Remainer who won't recognise the fact of the referendum result and resorts to rambling monologues to try and work out why.

At least I try to explain my reasoning rather than making silly comments.

But maybe you belong to the group @evadgib believes can't comprehend long, polysyllabic sentences!

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, sandyf said:

It is quite obvious that they need us more than we need them.

The EU has said Britain cannot delay Brexit without a clear plan for what happens next, indicating only an election, a new referendum or major compromise on Theresa May’s red lines will suffice.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-delay-eu-no-deal-michel-barnier-leave-theresa-may-john-bercow-a8830716.html

Well, I never - somebody actually reads the Independent and actually quotes what they say!

Edited by Krataiboy
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

At least I try to explain my reasoning rather than making silly comments.

But maybe you belong to the group @evadgib believes can't comprehend long, polysyllabic sentences!

You need a lesson in literary economics. But at least you enable me to save on sleeping pills.

Edited by Krataiboy
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

You really should check things before you post them as fact. Less embarrassing that way.

Member states set their own VAT rates. The standard rate varies between 17% (Luxembourg) to 27% (Hungary).

The same for other taxes, income tax, fuel duty etc. Do you have a link to show the EU plan to force members to standardise these throughout?

There is the European Defence Force, but it is very similar to NATO; even more so to UN forces. Do you believe we should leave NATO and the UN because  membership robs us of our sovereignty?

Thatcher, rightly, went to war to liberate the Falklands despite opposition from France and other members.

Blair didn't, wrongly, go to war in Iraq because the EU told him to, he did it because Bush told him to!

Yes, there has been some talk about a common EU Army under the direct control of the EU. But such suggestions have regularly been made for over 60 years and it hasn't happened yet. Even if the EU were to take it seriously, it would need the unanimous agreement of all member states to happen.

There is a common EU foreign policy of sorts, expressed via the Common Foreign and Security Policy; but it's remit is limited and member's participation is voluntary. It certainly does not stop members having their own foreign policy objectives.

brexiteers seem to think the EU has total control over every little issue in their sad lives,its all in their simple minds,they are brainwashed paranoid freaks,daft think is not one aspect of their lives will improve with brexit in any form but they cannot see it,i will love to see the thailand based ones like the owl suffer the most, bring on 35bt to the pound YIPPEEE,there's ya beloved brexit,lets not to forget the Turkeys of sunderland

• Like 1