Annoying SEA site(s) 'Pop-Ups"

Mario666

Dear all,

I have recently been getting "Pop-Ups" that look like the image attached.

I have tried researching it and run every anti-malware  program I can find.

Some suggest it is something called "DUBA" which I manage to remove using a product called "Zemana", but it keeps coming back at random????

Have you come across this and if so any ideas please.

All replies gratefully accepted as usual.Duba.png.24d0627e8b6894bab8d021d9cef4a1fe.png

try to disable any browser plugins you have and see what happens.

your browser may also have been hijacked. antivirus software should be able to find out though.

it may also be a part of a software you installed, typically it will be some "free" software.

try to check in "installed programs" if something is suspicious.

open your task manager and check for unusual processes.

if nothing is wrong with your computer, the router may have been hijacked.

yeah, this actually shows up as a different program. it's not a Firefox popup

must be some kind of program that was installed along with another software, if you like to click next next next without reading when installing programs then you get stuff like that

I can't read that language.. looks like Chinese but I'm not 100% sure, look in the control panel under programs and features for something in different language.. also in task manager you should have some program that has its name in regular letters. (or maybe even in Chinese) then you can right click, open file location and then maybe delete it and check in the task manager under startup tab and also maybe services if anything matches the names

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Guys,

Sorry for the very late reply.....been in hospital with very limited internet access,

It is something called "DUBA" which hi-jacks your browser.

As I said you can find it and disable it using Zemana anti-malware , but it keeps coming back.

Occasionally it appears in Task Manager in Chinese and you can end the task, but it will reappear at random even

when you have not visited any "Dodgy" sites.

I do use BitTorrent quite a bit so wonder if it hooks into that in the background somehow???

It doesn't seem to be causing any performance issues, but it is just annoying.

Thanks again.

Archived