Vietnamese consulate in Khon Kaen - visa process

Has anyone applied for a Vietnamese tourist visa in Khon Kaen recently? I could do with picking up a visa either in Thailand or in KL later in the year, and according to Google you don't want to go anywhere near the embassy in KL. I am heading back to Chiang Mai in a few days and will be based there, but wouldn't mind a trip to Khon Kaen.

(I know about VOAs by the way, but they're not available at my arrival airport)

Cheers

Has anyone applied for a Vietnamese tourist visa in Khon Kaen recently? I could do with picking up a visa either in Thailand or in KL later in the year, and according to Google you don't want to go anywhere near the embassy in KL. I am heading back to Chiang Mai in a few days and will be based there, but wouldn't mind a trip to Khon Kaen.

(I know about VOAs by the way, but they're not available at my arrival airport)

Cheers

I got my Vietnamese visa in KL.

No problem.

What is the issue you have found?

I just looked at the reviews on Google maps, not good. One guy said it took 14 days to get a TV, and I will not be in KL for much more than that between Thailand and Vietnam. Course you shouldn't believe everything you read... I'm actually in KL now - if the visas are valid for at least 4 months, I could try and get one next week.

I paid extra to get my Vietnamese visa same day, otherwise I think it's ready the next day.

Normal visa, I guess its called a Tourist Visa.

Cash only, I was lower than I realized with MYR and had to leave and return.

No exchanges nor banks that will exchange within 1 km, maybe none within 2 km.

I took Grab cars there and back (and there and back).

Restaurant across the street takes passport photos, makes copies of documents, reasonably priced.

When I went to order it there wasn't a long wait, wasn't too busy.

When I went back to pick it up it was jammed, sro.

Even so, I didn't have to wait long to get in to pick it up.

Archived