Kawasaki Vulcan S 650.

lemonjelly

Have a test ride if you like this type of bike the kwacker 650 engine is excellent.

Not my thing but someone let me have a go last year to see the engine difference to my Versys, ideal if your short the owner wouldn't try my Versys. ???? 

I would say it's fine for Thailand suspension wise, just thought it light for cruiser bike and the seating position is not what I was brought up on so would do my back in.

I've got one and I'm happy with it.I've been out on it the last two days.Just trying to adjust to the thai driving again after Oz.I've got buggered knees so I need forward controls.They aren't as far forward as my Triumph America. and can be put in three different positions.The gearbox is smooth .For Thailand I reckon it's fine.I'd like a New Triumph 1200 Speedmaster here if money was no object, but not for 632,000bht.I paid 240,000bht for the Vulcan S which is around about Aussie prices so it was the best deal for the dough for me.

1 hour ago, findlay13 said:

I've got one and I'm happy with it.I've been out on it the last two days.Just trying to adjust to the thai driving again after Oz.I've got buggered knees so I need forward controls.They aren't as far forward as my Triumph America. and can be put in three different positions.The gearbox is smooth .For Thailand I reckon it's fine.I'd like a New Triumph 1200 Speedmaster here if money was no object, but not for 632,000bht.I paid 240,000bht for the Vulcan S which is around about Aussie prices so it was the best deal for the dough for me.

I was looking at the Speedmaster too, gorgeous looking machine but as you say, way overpriced... the Vulcan S is 293,000 baht nowadays.

5 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

I was looking at the Speedmaster too, gorgeous looking machine but as you say, way overpriced... the Vulcan S is 293,000 baht nowadays.

I think mine was 283,000 Hire Purchase but I paid 240,000 cash last year. 

Talk to the dealers,there are Kawasaki promotions.

A new Triumph speedmaster is 21K [under 515,000 ATM] in Australia.I will buy one but not in Thailand.

1 hour ago, findlay13 said:

I think mine was 283,000 Hire Purchase but I paid 240,000 cash last year. 

Talk to the dealers,there are Kawasaki promotions.

A new Triumph speedmaster is 21K [under 515,000 ATM] in Australia.I will buy one but not in Thailand.

The price difference between Oz and here for the  speedmaster is shocking..thought being assembled here would give a similar price.....  rip-off

2 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

D Big Bike in BKK has a few S/H models on his website; 169-179-189k.

Cheaper than what an expat tries to get for on selling to other expats on websites such as B&S.

Never understood that.

If I had the money to pay for a S/H Vulcan in my pocket, I’d probably end up at the Triumph showroom doing a down payment on the speedmaster or possibly a T100, also a nice machine. My local Kawi dealer will take 58,000 down payment..... I’ll prolly do that 

4 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

If I had the money to pay for a S/H Vulcan in my pocket, I’d probably end up at the Triumph showroom doing a down payment on the speedmaster or possibly a T100, also a nice machine. My local Kawi dealer will take 58,000 down payment..... I’ll prolly do that 

Have a look at his website. He offers 5% interest and various down payments on every motorcycle he sells. You can ride out the door with a 4 y/o Ducati Monster or Triumph twin or triple with as little as a 9k down payment. I see he has an air cooled Thruxton for 330k, many Monsters from 260k up.

The guy has a huge subscribed You Tube channel and is one of the biggest S/H big bike dealers in the country.

Very professional, very knowledgable guy.

Also, a Jap bike, being a Jap bike, ya wanna pay 280k new or 180 k S/H?

Smaller down payment and similar percentage rates....

It aint rocket science.

Archived