Retirement visa at Chaeng Wattana Tue 4th Dec

Wow... sorry you had such a bad time... Last year (2017), I renewed in Jomtien even though I had already moved to BKK 6 mths earlier and it took under an hour at Immigration and they let me renew even though I had moved to BKK. This year (2018) in Sep, I decided to renew in CW instead of spending the extra money on trip to Jomtien, so I used an agent because I figured the wait times were longer in BKK. Using the agent, it took about 2 hrs total time. He got me the 1 yr extension, a multiple re-entry permit & did my 90-day report which I assume he had to do at different desks. I only had to go inside when it was time to take my pic. I signed all the papers outside with the agent. For me, it was well worth the money at least the first time. I was planning to do myself in 2019, but with all the changes & more scrutiny going on, I may just use the agent again or try Jomtien if I happen to be there when it's time to renew. I will legitimately use the 800k THB in bank method for 2019, so I would only be using the agent to expedite the process. Oh, the agent also took me there and took me home.

Edited by BertM
  • Like 2

i've had the same experience (at CW) although i believe i went two days before the holiday.  arrived at 9am, left around 3:30pm.  using the L desk for extension of stay - retirement.  you have to avoid several days before and after the holiday to get a more normal type of processing day.  if there is a holiday on wednesday, i'd plan on going the following week or the previous week.  check the thai holiday calendar in advance so you can plan it out.  i do mine in May and in 2019 there is a holiday on May 1 and May 20 so i'll be doing mine on thursday the 9th or tuesday the 14th (avoiding mondays and fridays also).

• Like 1