Miss Universe 2018 contestants wear Thai silk for Thai Night dinner - PHOTOS

webfact

Miss Universe 2018 contestants wear Thai silk for Thai Night dinner

PNPBH611206001000101-1.jpg

BANGKOK, 6th December 2018 (NNT) – Organizers of Miss Universe 2018 dressed all of this year’s contestants in Thai silk for a “Thai Night” themed welcome dinner at Dusit Thani Bangkok yesterday (December 5). 

Beauties from 95 countries were dressed in Thai silk from the Foundation for the Promotion of Supplementary Occupations and Related Technique of Her Majesty Queen Sirikit of Thailand under the concept “Mongkol ” with a palette inspired by the colors of each day as observed in Thai culture; yellow, pink, green, orange, blue, purple and red. 

Her Royal Highness Princess Sirivannnavari Nariratana graciously allowed a dress from her SIRIVANNAVARI brand to be worn by Miss Universe 2017 Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters. Another dress from the collection was worn by Miss Universe Thailand 2018 Sophida Kanchanarin as she led this year’s contestants in a display of the gowns highlighting Thai silk and the designs of 19 top Thai fashion designers.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-12-06

PNPBH611206001000102.jpg

PNPBH611206001000103.jpg

PNPBH611206001000104.jpg

PNPBH611206001000105.jpg

PNPBH611206001000107.jpg

PNPBH611206001000108.jpg

PNPBH611206001000109.jpg

Did anyone note that the it seems all the girls from African and similar countries are Caucasian looking whereas Miss Britian - well look for yourself as I won't want to appear racist - just observant. 

• Like 2

Just love the Thai silk colours on the girls but they are not up to it when compared with the lovely soft colours of the PM's everyday shirts. If they ever had a pageant for international prime misters I know who would win.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Artisi said:

Did anyone note that the it seems all the girls from African and similar countries are Caucasian looking whereas Miss Britian - well look for yourself as I won't want to appear racist - just observant. 

comical aint it, youd  expect to  see a white english gal  , its pc gone freakin mad.

6 hours ago, kannot said:

comical aint it, youd  expect to  see a white english gal  , its pc gone freakin mad.

Not really, I'd expect an ethnic Indian. The revenge of the colonies has arrived. Similarly for France I'd expect ethnic African. The last refuge of the caucasians is probably Norway... or did they have an ethnic Thai again?