Lost Tax Disc

Whitson

Some advice please...

Gave a lift to my drunk mate on my Honda Phantom. In his state getting on and off he broke my tax disc holder and it fell somewhere. Looked but cant find it.

I renewed it three weeks ago and have the entry in the tabien rot and the insurance renewal and receipt.

SO.... course of action please.

Many thanks!

I lost mine one time too. As far as I remember had to report it to the police station near where I lost it up to you where). Brought the form out to the LTD office. I kinda remember thinking at the time .."what a lot of hassle"...won't let this happen again.

What I do now is photocopy the original and stick the copy on the motorbike, keeping the original in the compartment under the seat. (the copies are so good cannot tell them apart). 

First go to your local cop shop, 20 Baht will get you a police report. Take this along with your registration and passport to your local licensing office. Ten minutes and you will have a new disc printed out. You might need to make a photocopy or two, I cannot remember, but nothing awkward, and very straight forward.

In Udon Thani no police report required, just had to complete a form at the DLT that it was lost, had to pay something like 20 THB.

When i tried to get a replacement in Chiang Rai they told me that i can get the replacement only in the province where the vehicle is registered.

Did this about a month ago at DLT Chatuchak, Bangkok. No need to go to police first. Rode my bike to DLT and went to Building 2 (I think). Found someone who speaks English and she filled out the form for me, gave me a number and sent me to get photocopies. Five minutes later number called, disk given at a cost of 20 or 25 baht. Take your passport and Green Book with you.

Archived