Another reentry question

I am or was on an marriage extension. I got an reentry permit in May and left the country. My extension was good till Jan 24. I came back last week thinking I would get another 90 days (time enough to renew the 400,000 baht in the bank before the next extension). But they only gave me till the end of my Jan 24 extension. Have I been misinformed about the 90 days?

I called Imm and they said I could still go for the new extension but would have to pay 500 baht a day short of the 60 day requirement. Not too bad as it would be about 4000 baht.

10 minutes ago, bunnydrops said:

But they only gave me till the end of my Jan 24 extension.

The is the correct date. A re-entry permit only keeps a permit to stay valid to the date it ends.

10 minutes ago, bunnydrops said:

Have I been misinformed about the 90 days?

Not sure who told you that you would get 90 day entry  from your re-entry permit. They add no days to the permit to stay that they are issued for.

If you won’t have the 400K in your bank for the required 2 months before January 24th, you could apply for a 60 day extension of stay (1,900 baht).

You don't need to provide any financials for a 60 day extension, and you can apply for the 1 year extension of stay in mid March.

• Like 1

That sounds like my best bet. I have made my life complicated for the last 3 years. I got my wife a  US green card and we have had to be is the states 6 months out of the year. Going back and forth 1 or 2 times a year. We go back this time at the end of May and will be gone the full 6 this time. Getting a year extension in March would work out great for me.