Any Luk Kreung Rights In Thailand?

Q_Q_Dude

As far as I know, as a US citizen with a Thai mother, you have no special rights here in Thailand. However, if you are nearly as cute as most luk kreung kids, you will enjoy special privileges with some of the "hot babe" university students in Bangkok. Come on over and claim you heritage!

i'm Luk Krueng though born and raised in the US.

even so, are there any different legal rights that I have in Thailand due to having a mother who is currently a Thai citizen?

The Troll is back :o

QUOTE(Q_Q_Dude @ 2007-01-26 04:41:59) *

Don't worry, I'm not a troll. Each thread that I make simply proposes a hypothetical, yet interesting situation that generates food for thought for all of us, including me. While I'm really a Luk Kreung who was born and raised in the US, much of the situations/details in each of my post are fabricated. While the situations aren't real, we don't have identities here anyway, so much of our posting is for "food-for-thought"/increasing wisdom purposes.

While the mental situations that I propose in each of my threads are real, the specific facts (that don't really matter anyway) aren't. Either way, the food-for-thought (haha this term is now over-used) is great for all of us and helps me form better ways of thinking.

Thanks to anyone who posted in this thread.

I think we have a few luk kreung guys posting regularly on TV already. Apparently their rights seem to extend to shagging mia farangs at least, so come on over and join the queue. :o

dam straight...ra-ta-ta-tat dat essay aiiiiight AZiAn PrYdE yo :D

No problems with the ladies or for some working in the entertainment business, can breed a false sense of worth which very quickly diminishes above the age of about 30, where people also assume that you are stupid and uneducated (as is the case with the majority of look krueng I would guess), but you can blow that illusion away if you are smart and educated. Sadly I personally have been unable to address that, but stupid and dumb still wins a few 'special benefits', I so dumb me love you long time.

However, legally, I don't think you are entitled to any special benefits as a Thai citizen; as a non passport holding alien, you can obtain a rolling 1 year non-imm visa and no need to update the status of your residence upon showing your Thai birth certificiate; you can get a Thai birth certificate even if you were not born in THailand, I think your mum needs to show your own birth cert and a copy of her ID card aligning the name up as the mother, then you can get it at an embassy/consulate. After that....plainer sailing that a non Thai Alien.

At least...this is how it used to be. I am no longer on that status now, so cannot guarantee this is still the case.

Of course, one other benefit is being able to go fishing in websites like thaivisa; some topics seem to be like, what be that engrish expression, ah yes 'shooting fish in a barrel.'

I think we have a few luk kreung guys posting regularly on TV already. Apparently their rights seem to extend to shagging mia farangs at least, so come on over and join the queue. :o

No problems with the ladies or for some working in the entertainment business, can breed a false sense of worth which very quickly diminishes above the age of about 30, where people also assume that you are stupid and uneducated (as is the case with the majority of look krueng I would guess), but you can blow that illusion away if you are smart and educated. Sadly I personally have been unable to address that, but stupid and dumb still wins a few 'special benefits', I so dumb me love you long time.

However, legally, I don't think you are entitled to any special benefits as a Thai citizen; as a non passport holding alien, you can obtain a rolling 1 year non-imm visa and no need to update the status of your residence upon showing your Thai birth certificiate; you can get a Thai birth certificate even if you were not born in THailand, I think your mum needs to show your own birth cert and a copy of her ID card aligning the name up as the mother, then you can get it at an embassy/consulate. After that....plainer sailing that a non Thai Alien.

At least...this is how it used to be. I am no longer on that status now, so cannot guarantee this is still the case.

Of course, one other benefit is being able to go fishing in websites like thaivisa; some topics seem to be like, what be that engrish expression, ah yes 'shooting fish in a barrel.'

1 Year Visa situation is as described!

even so, are there any different legal rights that I have in Thailand due to having a mother who is currently a Thai citizen?

The Troll is back :o

QUOTE(Q_Q_Dude @ 2007-01-26 04:41:59) *

Don't worry, I'm not a troll. Each thread that I make simply proposes a hypothetical, yet interesting situation that generates food for thought for all of us, including me. While I'm really a Luk Kreung who was born and raised in the US, much of the situations/details in each of my post are fabricated. While the situations aren't real, we don't have identities here anyway, so much of our posting is for "food-for-thought"/increasing wisdom purposes.

While the mental situations that I propose in each of my threads are real, the specific facts (that don't really matter anyway) aren't. Either way, the food-for-thought (haha this term is now over-used) is great for all of us and helps me form better ways of thinking.

Thanks to anyone who posted in this thread.

could please some mod ban him, when he write that he post fabricated stories he waste time of the poster who want to help and give a good answer.

If you get your Thai passport, and are half-way educated (minimum undergrad, preferably masters), speak Thai, have decent work experience, then yes, Thailand can be your oyster. ie. You'll have all the rights that other Thai nationals have - which includes the right to be paid sweet FA.

You have the right to change your name to Titi Old and become a potentially huge singing sensation... (if you so wish :o )

Did I just get a bite? :D

I'm sure the other luk krungs on the board could better advise, but if your mom owns a home over here, or if you have relatives willing to allow you into their house registry (I'm assuming you already have a Thai birth cert), you'd have your Thai id card, which pretty much allows you to do anything every other Thai can do (owning land being the main thing that you wouldn't be able to do otherwise; inheritance issues also become simpler as well).

:o

Edited by Heng