Bangkok Bank Be 1st Master Card iPay

Hello,

Yesterday I got myself a Bangkok Bank Be 1st Master Card and it works well withdrawing cash from any ATM.

Now I am trying to register it with iPay (Master Card Secure Code) for secure online payment but it doesn't work. It always says:

You entered an invalid MasterCard card number, 
please re-enter the Bangkok Bank MasterCard card number again..
หมายเลขบัตรมาสเตอร์การ์ด ที่ท่านกรอกไม่ถูกต้อง กรุณากรอกหมายเลขบัตรใหม่อีกครั้ง

Do you had the same problem in the past and might know what to do? 

Thanks

Hello,

Yesterday I got myself a Bangkok Bank Be 1st Master Card and it works well withdrawing cash from any ATM.
Now I am trying to register it with iPay (Master Card Secure Code) for secure online payment but it doesn't work. It always says:
You entered an invalid MasterCard card number, 
please re-enter the Bangkok Bank MasterCard card number again..
หมายเลขบัตรมาสเตอร์การ์ด ที่ท่านกรอกไม่ถูกต้อง กรุณากรอกหมายเลขบัตรใหม่อีกครั้ง

Do you had the same problem in the past and might know what to do? 

Thanks
@Lammbock I also got the Be 1st MasterCard yesterday and am also having trouble registering it for ipay.
The 1333 service does not recognise the card number. Did you manage to sort it out?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Sort of. The native spending limit is 5,000 Baht. You have to change that to a higher amount and then you can use the card for online paying. 

You can't register it for iPay (Don't ask me why) but I already used it to order groceries from HonestBee. 

Sort of. The native spending limit is 5,000 Baht. You have to change that to a higher amount and then you can use the card for online paying. 
You can't register it for iPay (Don't ask me why) but I already used it to order groceries from HonestBee. 

Ok. Thanks for the reply. My limit is already set to 20k. Hopefully it will work. I will call into the bank again when I'm passing that way and try to get them to look into it. They assured me yesterday that I could register for ipay as I had previously with my old Visa debit card.

I just paid 39,99 USD online for something in Fortnite for a family member and that worked too. 

What is missing is this verifying by master card secure code process. 

If you can get it to work please let me know here in the comments. 

thanks

I just got a Be1st Mastercard from Bangkok Bank, (after my old Be1st Visa debit card expired).

This new card works fine in ATM machines to withdraw cash, but it is refused when I try to pay in shops using their Swipe machine.

Anyone else had this problem?  I don't want to have to take cash out of the ATM every time that I want to use it!

12 hours ago, Lammbock said:

I had the same problem. Swiped it at a restaurant and it didn't worked. 

Maybe it's time to visit the nearest Bkk Bank branch to sort this out. 

Sounds like you purchase limit is set to zero by intention or mistake.  You can review/change your daily purchase limit by calling Bangkok Bank at their 1333 main number and walking thru their interactive menu.  To review/change your daily purchase limit dial 1333, press 2 for English, then press 1, then press 2, then press 2, and then press 1 to change/select your daily purchase limit.   

Hopefully I got above button pressing sequence correct...I just did it using my Bkk Bk debit card.  

I just got a Be1st Mastercard from Bangkok Bank, (after my old Be1st Visa debit card expired).

This new card works fine in ATM machines to withdraw cash, but it is refused when I try to pay in shops using their Swipe machine.

Anyone else had this problem?  I don't want to have to take cash out of the ATM every time that I want to use it!

I carelessly lost my Visa ATM Card in an ATM near BB Headquarters. They told me I could pick up the recovered card at 3 pm ( I live behind bank) but when they saw I had Visa card they called me and told me I had to get a new one. It’s very obvious they are trying to get them out of circulation.

I got the Mastercard but notice several differences:
At Villa Market I must enter my new 6 digit security number and then I must sign the transaction slip. Did neither of these with Visa card.

The Visa card could be used with a Rabbit Card too. No longer can do this. Fortunately I had a separate Rabbit card.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 9:27 AM, surat04 said:

@Lammbock I also got the Be 1st MasterCard yesterday and am also having trouble registering it for ipay.
The 1333 service does not recognise the card number. Did you manage to sort it out?

Just checking if you have any update on your card, I received a new Master Debit Card and BB told me it was equivalent to the previous Visa Debit card I had. Never had an issue with payments using my Visa Card

Today I tried to pay for a flight with Bangkok Air & Thai Smile and both payments were rejected. I thought the card was at fault but it worked fine when I used it on Lazada.

When I called BB today the manager told me the new card I was given is not accepted for all payment requests, and then told me to get the full cover I would need to obtain a credit card. 

Just checking if you have any update on your card, I received a new Master Debit Card and BB told me it was equivalent to the previous Visa Debit card I had. Never had an issue with payments using my Visa Card

Today I tried to pay for a flight with Bangkok Air & Thai Smile and both payments were rejected. I thought the card was at fault but it worked fine when I used it on Lazada.

When I called BB today the manager told me the new card I was given is not accepted for all payment requests, and then told me to get the full cover I would need to obtain a credit card. 

There is some kind of problem with these Master debit cards. I went back to the branch that issued my card but 5 different staff members were unable to help me register for "ipay". If you follow the instructions on the website it just gets rejected. I plan to visit another branch tomorrow. If these cards cannot be used to book flights and such like then they are just as useless as the unionpay debit card.

14 minutes ago, surat04 said:
39 minutes ago, Isan Farang said:

There is some kind of problem with these Master debit cards. I went back to the branch that issued my card but 5 different staff members were unable to help me register for "ipay". If you follow the instructions on the website it just gets rejected. I plan to visit another branch tomorrow. If these cards cannot be used to book flights and such like then they are just as useless as the unionpay debit card.

I think they know this card is an issue and they do not wish to state it is not a direct replacement for the previous Visa Debit Card. When I tried to make the payment with Thai Smile it told me I Pay Bangkok Bank . Com refused to connect. With Bangkok Air it states Payment Rejected.

Archived