Condo white paint shade

SimonR123

4 hours ago, SimonR123 said:

Anybody know which shade of white paint  is generally used in condos? 

There is no specific shade.
You can ask your building management which one they use for common areas, but inside your condo you can use whatever you like anyway.

11 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Or a Whiter Shade of Pale............if anyone knows what that was all about. Least of all Gary Brooker.

Quote from Keith Reid:

"I was trying to conjure a mood as much as tell a straightforward, girl-leaves-boy story. With the ceiling flying away and room humming harder, I wanted to paint an image of a scene. I wasn’t trying to be mysterious with those images, I was trying to be evocative. I suppose it seems like a decadent scene I’m describing. But I was too young to have experienced any decadence, then. I might have been smoking when I conceived it, but not when I wrote. It was influenced by books, not drugs."

Source: Wikipedia

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Whiter_Shade_of_Pale

Bugger all to do with paint though

Edited by grollies
  • Haha 1

I can tell you factually every condo will have a completely different colour scheme to another; unless its bog standard brilliant white.

firstly developers would normally employ interior designers to specify brand (freebies and kickbacks here) and secondly the chosen colour will be a secret from everyone else like a copyright.

No two paint brands have the same colour so you have to go with a paint brand and forever thereafter keep buying exactly the same to touch up.

You cannot get Maggy magnolia here though, 08 B 15 used to just roll off the tongue, as common as white if not more. I did manage to find a very close shade to it in the Beger colour wheel though. "Bright Light" they call it.

8 minutes ago, grollies said:

Quote from Keith Reid:

"I was trying to conjure a mood as much as tell a straightforward, girl-leaves-boy story. With the ceiling flying away and room humming harder, I wanted to paint an image of a scene. I wasn’t trying to be mysterious with those images, I was trying to be evocative. I suppose it seems like a decadent scene I’m describing. But I was too young to have experienced any decadence, then. I might have been smoking when I conceived it, but not when I wrote. It was influenced by books, not drugs."

Source: Wikipedia

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Whiter_Shade_of_Pale

Bugger all to do with paint though

Go directly to You Tube, you will see its all black and white

I can tell you factually every condo will have a completely different colour scheme to another; unless its bog standard brilliant white.
firstly developers would normally employ interior designers to specify brand (freebies and kickbacks here) and secondly the chosen colour will be a secret from everyone else like a copyright.

No two paint brands have the same colour so you have to go with a paint brand and forever thereafter keep buying exactly the same to touch up.

You cannot get Maggy magnolia here though, 08 B 15 used to just roll off the tongue, as common as white if not more. I did manage to find a very close shade to it in the Beger colour wheel though. "Bright Light" they call it.

Or you can just take a paint chip and have it matched with the color digitizer at HomePro, that way you can match it with any brand, and match correctly even when the original paint is years old.

5 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Or you can just take a paint chip and have it matched with the color digitizer at HomePro, that way you can match it with any brand, and match correctly even when the original paint is years old.

Other paint shops with colour digitisers are available.

Not being funny but how does a digitiser match paint.??

When you buy a coloured paint, firstly it is not the same as the original colour card, and secondly that rather worrying loud yellow paint when they mix it, turns into a subtle lemon pastel when its on the wall.

So what are they comparing.?

Imo they would need to forensically find the composition and ratios of the colour components to match paint from last year.

Not being funny but how does a digitiser match paint.??

When you buy a coloured paint, firstly it is not the same as the original colour card, and secondly that rather worrying loud yellow paint when they mix it, turns into a subtle lemon pastel when its on the wall.

So what are they comparing.?

Imo they would need to forensically find the composition and ratios of the colour components to match paint from last year.

That’s what the digitizer does.

It takes a photo of the chip, and calculates the correct base as well as the precise pigment combination.

It’s pretty slick...
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, mogandave said:

That’s what the digitizer does.

It takes a photo of the chip, and calculates the correct base as well as the precise pigment combination.

It’s pretty slick...

I have an app on my phone which will do that. Color Grab.

11 hours ago, mogandave said:

You have an app that dispenses pigment into cans of paint?

No, but it calculates the RGB or HSV number of the colour, which I am sure the many computerised paint shops would be able to use to mix the correct desired colour.

No, but it calculates the RGB or HSV number of the colour, which I am sure the many computerised paint shops would be able to use to mix the correct desired colour.

Well there you go. You could start a business doing color matching for condo owners...

(just kidding)

What’s the name of the app?
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Well there you go. You could start a business doing color matching for condo owners...

(just kidding)

What’s the name of the app?

COLOR GRAB. I tried it by scanning the green wall behind my computer, and then put the HSV number into my desktop personalisation. Now I cannot find my computer... lol

15 hours ago, eyecatcher said:

Magnolia BS 08B15 RGB 244 233 216

Thai mixing machine can do.

• Like 1