Credit Card Applications

Hello all,

Just regarding myself. I work and live in Thailand (with recent employer 5 months) two year contract with good salary. I recently applied with SCB and after four weeks got declined which i believe was due to insufficient time in job. Many banks are quick to get pen to paper but none even go over the criteria with nor do they seem to know themselves. However, Krungsri bank happily provided a pamphlet for credit for foreigners which clearly outlined one year in job, salary etc, and so on. 

Has anyone had any success and does anyone have a preference of bank. I find SCB extremely unprofessional at this point. 

Thank you in advance for your replies. 

I have unsecured cards with Citi and AmEx (yes, a credit card).

AmEx didn't need a work permit at the time (2012). Citi wanted 6 months of salary slips and a "letter of employment" from my employer.

I will say that both AmEx and Citi came to me via my Royal Orchid Plus (Thai Airways frequent flyer) membership.

Just received my Krungsri credit card. Needed work permit, last 6 months payslips etc etc.

Have had a bank account with SCB since 1999... but they wouldn't give me a credit card. As soon as my local pay goes in to my Krungsri account, i'll be closing the scb account.

Opening an investment account with Krungsri for LTF funds was also very easy.

Kbank, got approved in less than 5 days, 300 000 starting limit, but my WP and same job for 9 years.

They require minimum 6 months in the same job, so just wait for 1 more month.

Also Citibank is foreigner friendly , minimum salary 80 000 per month

Very sorry for late reply guys been flat out.

Sounds good. Thank you for the information. Yes the banks you mention i have had good communication with so far and SCB can go to hell. I will be doing the same thing leaving them shortly. 

My base is 120k a month plus extras so i meet the requirements no problems.  

Thank you again kindly for the information. 

Archived