advise needed

Newbee2

this is going to be my first travel to thailand.. so I'm very green with thai culture. I am a bit concerned because my gf left some time ago to TH, and I'm supposed to meet her, in her small village. All this is fine no problem.. the thing is a local police officer, want her badly.. and have asked her family to marry her, she declined. now after she returned home here from europe, he comes talking to her every day, and brings her food etc. last night she cooked dinner for him in her house.. should I be concerned for my safety? they are pretty though the police, and sure he is jealous when I come.. bear in mind this is my first time going to thailand, and I don't want  any problems

You're correct, Thais can be violent due to jealousy. I guess she is living at home so you need to understand if family wants her to live with the cop. Usually family is far more important than foreign men for Thai women. However, presumably she will not inform the other guy where she is going. If you think it's worth the effort, meet GF far away from her village.

Newbie.    How do you know about Thaivisa ?    Interesting that this is your first post but you know 

nothing about Thailand.

How old are you ?

How lonely are you?

You lived with your gf in a different country (yours) ?

So many questions we old pros need answers to before can make suggestions....that you are sure to 

disregard.

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Newbee2 said:

Yes it seems a bit odd to me too.. but they have a family party and she want me to come there

Lamb to the slaughter.

Hmm... First hour posting on TV, the usual grammatical errors, sensational click-bait post, outlandish situation, already blocked visitors on his profile!...

All the usual ingredients, suspect at best.

But I'll bite strictly for giggles.

The answer to the OP's question: Like Duh.

Edited by YogaVeg
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Sorry.. english is not my first.. I read on thaivisa sometimes when we have problems and to learn from others. I'm 37.

I assure you this is real... where ells could I ask this question? 

Thanks for the replies

Edited by Newbee2

I already booked my tickets, BUT after she told me this, I feel a little unsure about this whole situation..

I knew about the police man before she left, but asked her to make him understand / aka. Keep a fair distance to avoid he feels hope again.. and so I could be safe.

He is a dope police officer at cambodia border

I ask here before I go... yes I don't know thailand and the way they do things.. I only know her.

Okay other people say stay far away from the village. You say stay home:)

She thinks everything is okay.. I just talked to her. But...

yes she like the attention.. and that's not a old fashioned good woman behavior, I agree!

she would explode if I did something similar, but her double standards is one thing.

the thing I worry about is my safety in this mess she has created. and I'm suppose to stay there more than one month??

On 12/23/2018 at 2:21 AM, rumak said:

Newbie.    How do you know about Thaivisa ?    Interesting that this is your first post but you know 

nothing about Thailand.

How old are you ?

How lonely are you?

You lived with your gf in a different country (yours) ?

So many questions we old pros need answers to before can make suggestions....that you are sure to 

disregard.

We got internet everywhere these days. It's not that hard to come by thaivisa from a Google search.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, bermondburi said:

We got internet everywhere these days. It's not that hard to come by thaivisa from a Google search.

well,  surely it would not be too hard to read tthe thousand or so posts giving advice about guys (not  just

newbies")  that get involved in these absurd relationships :      

Relationship advice.........   getting anyone to take the advice is not nearly as easy !

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, rumak said:

well,  surely it would not be too hard to read tthe thousand or so posts giving advice about guys (not  just

newbies")  that get involved in these absurd relationships :      

Relationship advice.........   getting anyone to take the advice is not nearly as easy !

Surely I'm open for advise:)

I really want to make her happy, and get approved by the family.. but f... me!! what a risk it would be.

Even though she say that she talked with him, and it shouldn't be a problem.. she say no worry

Ahh a little to exciting and very risky I think