Johnny Depp AXED from Pirates of the Caribbean, Disney confirms - as it brings in Deadpool writers to give 'new energy' to the franchise

snoop1130

Johnny Depp AXED from Pirates of the Caribbean, Disney confirms

By KATIE STOREY

7760202-0-image-a-66_1545576223451.jpg

Overhaul: Pirates of the Caribbean is set to undergo a huge reboot, with Disney hoping to bring a 'new energy and vitality' to the much-loved franchise

Johnny Depp has been axed from Pirates of the Caribbean after five movies, Disney has confirmed, as the entertainment giant reboots the long-running franchise.

The shock move, exclusively first revealed by DailyMailTV in October, is part of a huge shake-up that also includes enlisting Deadpool writers Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick to give Pirates a ’kick in the pants’.   

A Disney producer confirmed the news that Depp won't be asked to return as Captain Jack Sparrow and claimed that they want to bring a 'new energy' to the much-loved films.

The shock move was part of Disney's plans to shake up the long-running franchise, with the entertainment giant enlisting the help of Deadpool writers Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick to give it an entire reboot. 

Full Story: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6524895/Pirates-Caribbean-undergo-huge-reboot-Disney-AXE-leading-star-Johnny-Depp.html

8 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

I've never seen any of 'em. Still thinking of pirate movies as starring Errol Flynn!!

Showing my age!!????

Ever seen a movie called "My Favorite Year"?

Any resemblance of Peter O'Toole's character to Flynn is strictly coincidental.  (*wink*)

13 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

I've never seen any of 'em. Still thinking of pirate movies as starring Errol Flynn!!

Showing my age!!????

All I remember about Errol Flynn was reading his book, "My Wicked, Wicked Ways" as an teen!

5 hours ago, ballpoint said:

I'm not an actor, I'm a movie star!

I'm old enough to remember the real TV show it was based on, The Sid Caesar Show (aka Your Show of Shows).

Depp has been around since the 1980s, and I think his star power has faded; that business of abusing his woman doesn't help.

Maybe he can extended his Keith Richard impersonation by starting a Stones tribute band.

Archived