Chris Rock, Ricky Gervais and Louis CK under fire for using N-word in resurfaced clip

snoop1130

Chris Rock, Ricky Gervais and Louis CK under fire for using N-word in resurfaced clip

by Nick Reilly

comedy-1220x775.png

The comedians used the controversial term in a 2011 special

Chris Rock, Louis CK and Ricky Gervais have faced criticism for a video that sees white comedians using the n-word.

The clip, which is taken from the HBO special Talking Funny, has gone viral online some seven years after it first aired in 2011.

The segment sees the three comedians discussing their craft with Jerry Seinfeld – and Rock calls Louis CK ‘the blackest white guy I know’.

“All the negative things we think about black people, this fucker”, says Rock.

Full Story: https://www.nme.com/news/tv/chris-rock-ricky-gervais-louis-ck-fire-using-n-word-resurfaced-clip-2424395

It is humor. Get over yourselves. Lighten up. As Clint Eastwood said "PC is for weak people". It is feeble. It is silly. Feels like the planet needs to grow thicker skin. Where I come from, we make jokes about your mother, and nobody gets offended. The whole PC thing has gotten completely out of control. When they are trying to regulate comedians, and dictate what they can and cannot say, society has run amuk. You are going to tell a black man he cannot use the N word? You are going to tell a black man he cannot say you are the blackest white guy I know? How very ridiculous. How prudish. How dumb. Me too and PC have a lot in common these days. 

Here is a comment Clint Eastwood, the ultimate man's man, said about PC:

He said: "I'm never cautious about what I say because, you know, I've been around a long time, what can they do? The political correctness era that we're in is really not doing anyone any good. It's taking everyone and weakening society. It doesn't seem that people have to take themselves so serious. It seems like, I'm just lucky that I grew up in an era where we all lived in an area where everybody joked about everything. Nothing was politically incorrect because everything was always a joke with a sense of humour. People sometimes are losing that and taking themselves and everyone else seriously. I think they're missing a lot and not enjoying the differences that we all have." 

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Here is a comment Clint Eastwood, the ultimate man's man, said about PC:

His comment?

The same one repeated over and over again, in different guises, on these pages, from other old men:

"not like it was in my day"

No it isn't.....and it never will be again.

Whatever tomorrow is like, it won't be like it was yesterday.

3 hours ago, Enoon said:

His comment?

The same one repeated over and over again, in different guises, on these pages, from other old men:

"not like it was in my day"

No it isn't.....and it never will be again.

Whatever tomorrow is like, it won't be like it was yesterday.

I don't think "common sense" has a date stamp on it :biggrin:

Archived