Unofficial Police Hearing about what you do in Thailand

dennis123

Sounds like he was coming on to you. Just showing an interest. Would you have worried if some random guy asked you the same questions in a club? You've made a friend for life. Don't sweat the petty things.

I have several acquaintances who are Thai police. Some really good guys when you get to know them socially.

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

Sounds like he was coming on to you. Just showing an interest. Would you have worried if some random guy asked you the same questions in a club? You've made a friend for life. Don't sweat the petty things.

I have several acquaintances who are Thai police. Some really good guys when you get to know them socially.

Perhaps but I was little skeptical about this one, the other one not so much, got the other one on Line, probably gonna grab a drink with him tomorrow.

Maybe you didn't notice but I mentioned officer 1 & officer 2 in the opening post. Officer 2 was the relax dude, the other was highly skeptical and demanded all those additional bribes as you can read in the other thread. Good cop, bad cop.

Edited by dennis123
  • Like 2

Speaking to a policeman at our local bank, I figured he was just taking the opportunity to speak a little English. From nowhere came (for a Thai) a very direct question.........

What do you think of the (current) government?

My response....."They will try their best, I don't have any interest in politics, countries are controlled by money not politicians"

Seemed to accept my response and changed the topic......but I did wonder of the outcome had my response had been negative and critical

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, 473geo said:

Speaking to a policeman at our local bank, I figured he was just taking the opportunity to speak a little English. From nowhere came (for a Thai) a very direct question.........

What do you think of the (current) government?

My response....."They will try their best, I don't have any interest in politics, countries are controlled by money not politicians"

Seemed to accept my response and changed the topic......but I did wonder of the outcome had my response had been negative and critical

Plenty of people aren't too crazy about Prayuth so if you were a little critical he wouldn't mind, to me it looks like a bit of a battle between the police and the army, eg the police has to answer to the army, can't imagine they like that.

Also, here in Pattaya most come from Isan, the red shirts, so that should say enough.

Then again, you never know for sure, so neutral is the best.

When I mentioned to those police agents that it wasn't very busy in Pattaya this year, or at least not in the bar areas they ignored me so good reason to switch topics ????

Edited by dennis123
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, tabarin said:

What is this post even about? You were so stupid to bring them home to your house without legal reasons. That is not called an arrest, it is called an invite. 
That you talk too much without needing to is another thing, be happy that is where it ended. 

All this got nothing to do with visa's, working online or living in Thailand while experiencing new rules.

You clearly don't get it, maybe read again.

I was arrested already and in prison, and they took me to my home to pick up my passport as I had no one to bring it.

It felt like an interrogation to find out if I was working in Thailand or not.

Edited by dennis123
  • Like 1

I experienced a similar thing at a day time traffic stop in Chiang Mai not too long ago. In addition to my license, he asked where I worked, what my visa was, if I was married, how I was supporting myself, how much money I made, when I was leaving, and even where I bought the bike. I found it very intrusive and made stuff up (always make it up with any Thai who asks) because it wasn’t his business, but I played along to see how far it would go. They was the first time that had ever happened to me. He just nodded at my answers as I replied in rapid fire English and then I was sent on my way.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, dennis123 said:

You clearly don't get it, maybe read again.

I was arrested already and in prison, and they took me to my home to pick up my passport as I had no one to bring it.

It felt like an interrogation to find out if I was working in Thailand or not.

You clearly don't get to post one story in one post. Again, regardless to fetching a passport, you talked too much and it got nothing to do with your original arrest.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, tabarin said:

What is this post even about? You were so stupid to bring them home to your house without legal reasons. That is not called an arrest, it is called an invite. 
That you talk too much without needing to is another thing, be happy that is where it ended. 

All this got nothing to do with visa's, working online or living in Thailand while experiencing new rules.

I hope you don’t have valuables in your condo. Pattaya police or notorious thieves and criminals.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, dcnx said:

I hope you don’t have valuables in your condo. Pattaya police or notorious thieves and criminals.

Well I guess that is why I have a good lawyer on retainer and nobody would enter my premises for no reason.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, dcnx said:

I experienced a similar thing at a day time traffic stop in Chiang Mai not too long ago. In addition to my license, he asked where I worked, what my visa was, if I was married, how I was supporting myself, how much money I made, when I was leaving, and even where I bought the bike. I found it very intrusive and made stuff up (always make it up with any Thai who asks) because it wasn’t his business, but I played along to see how far it would go. They was the first time that had ever happened to me. He just nodded at my answers as I replied in rapid fire English and then I was sent on my way.

And thus yet another hapless farang becomes a marked man.

Someone asked earlier in this forum what to say if police asks you if you work here, well a satisfiable answer is right there in the opening post so I don't see how this is irrelevant as it IS directly relevant to work policies and immigration. No idea how people seem to miss that point but all good, happy new years!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

This post is a winner. First prize for the nonsense threads that get started on a serious forum, in the main about visas and visa advice. Not about pub stories.

I think you have missed the point Dr Jack.

This thread is in farang pub, and will soon morph to other stuff.

Lighten up bro'.

11 minutes ago, amse said:

ALWAYS carry a copy of your passport/visa with you & mobil.

I never take my phone out with me. The Devil's tool. Should be banned from all bars, staff and customers.

Why on earth would I want my wife calling me when I'm having a good time?

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 7:19 AM, tabarin said:

Well I guess that is why I have a good lawyer on retainer and nobody would enter my premises for no reason.

Where do you live, or how much trouble can you get into that requires you to have a Lawyer on retainer ?

I don't mind paying a retainer fee, but it sure as hell is not going to be for a Lawyer.

On 12/27/2018 at 8:52 PM, tabarin said:

Yeah, but did he score?